Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mate got his ticket today surprisingly enough, so guess its confirmed that myself and bout 12 others are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Will be getting mine straight after Christmas. It will be out of the way so then I can buy other things like a tent that works.

Yeah prob get mine this week/week after. Ah the joys of festival ticket buying again...it was missed last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 moephi

The introduced the e-ticket thing last year, basically they say anyone outside Belgium/NL has to order e-tickets (cuts down on tickets getting lost in the post)

But someone just went and ordered physical tickets and still got them shipped.

E-tickets are grand though, much easier and nothing to worry about.

Not to impressed with the ticket price increases, its around e200 now including all service charges for a 4 day combi with camping.

yay hi there, that somebody was me, and it worked. and guess what, i once again managed to save the link for hard tickets before they took it of the homepage and i ordered them again ^^ if anyone needs, just tell me ;)

the reason i did this last year was because they wouldn't let me on camping A1 when i ordered e-tickets, that's not the case anymore this year. but i ordered hard tickets anyways because i like having a 'real' ticket in my hands ;)

Argh...will get them by end of this week I hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I'm already trying to round up the troops again.

This'll be my third Rock Werchter. Each time was brilliant fun.

Just got them there now. Friend got some yesterday too. Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I have mine also. Now I wait for others to not leave me in the lurch and going on my own :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Mr.S wrote: »
    Looks like i'm going to miss this for a summers working in Canada, first time in 5 years.

*tear*

Some good gigs to be had in Canada i'm sure!

Got my ticket yesterday and booked my flight so i'm definitely going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Green_Day_Dub

There's prob about 5 of us heading over from Dublin.
    Just wondering what the story is with beer - costs and do they serve pints?
    Whats the food like?
    Not that is gonne change us going, with Green Day, Muse and Pearl Jam, looks like its gonna be a deadly few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Beer isnt served in pints, crappy 200mls glasses so its actually very expensive boozing there.

But easy to get in with a camel pack or the like...

Food is lovely there great quality, lovely mussels available right outside the main gate. Really nice to have a bucket of mussels smoke and nice
    white wine before entering the gig i find....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

There's prob about 5 of us heading over from Dublin.
    Just wondering what the story is with beer - costs and do they serve pints?
    Whats the food like?
    Not that is gonne change us going, with Green Day, Muse and Pearl Jam, looks like its gonna be a deadly few days.
    Beers are small but we bought beakers and filled them with whiskey and coke every day and got them in no bother.

Didn't find the food great, sausages in buns for 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Wondering when the rest of the lineup is gonna be announced....could sway me into going :)

Else if not...might just be doing the green day day :)

Looking highly likely I'll get my dream wish of a Porcupine Tree appearence. Playing Hurricane the week before it. Has to happen now. So could be Porcupine Tree and the Strokes in next announcement, and maybe Them Crooked Vultures:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Any idea when the next announcements will be made?

I'd say it'll be 2/3 weeks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Thinking of heading to this for the first time. Impressed with the line up so far, but praying for Them Crooked Vultures and EODM to make me REALLY excited about it:D

And to ask a typically Irish question..WILL THERE BE SUN THERE???????

ttoppcat wrote: »
    Thinking of heading to this for the first time. Impressed with the line up so far, but praying for Them Crooked Vultures and EODM to make me REALLY excited about it:D

And to ask a typically Irish question..WILL THERE BE SUN THERE???????

Lots of sun. Last year the temperatures hit 40 degrees.

^^Nice:D

ttoppcat wrote: »
    ^^Nice:D

That was a heatwave. It dropped off to about 30 degrees but still very nice. It was similar the year before also.

• Advertisement

Agreed 40 is a tad hot, but after spending 8 hours in horizontal rain at oxegen last year, I'd take heatstroke any day ;)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Nice little rain shower on the last day was welcomed:D

My tent disagrees :). Handy that we had a backup as the people beside us abandoned their tent to go home on the Sunday morning. WIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shinywhiny

Hi

Im planing to go this year, got my flight now just need to get my ticket.

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy at tent at the festival, like joe bananas and cosy camper do at the irish and uk festivals?

You could buy one in Leuven I suppose. I have not seen any tents for sale at the campsites.

Thanks, might just bring one so just to be on the safe side! Got my ticket yesterday so all set now. :D:D Got an e ticket. The camping ticket with it did not specify which campsite you have to use, it just said they will be on a first come first served basis.

Vitalic have confirmed they are playing :D

shinywhiny wrote: »
    Vitalic have confirmed they are playing :D
    Excellent

Not heard of them before. Any albums that should be checked out?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Not heard of them before. Any albums that should be checked out?
    It's a he actually. OK Cowboy and V Live. It's electronicy music

• Advertisement

Listen to phoney on youtube, I would say you will know that song

Advertisement