Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 moephi

Faithless, Gossip, La Roux, Jack Johnson, Florence and the machine confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

moephi wrote: »

Faithless :)

Not bothered by the rest I have to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

moephi wrote: »

Where? I'm surprised by about none of them playing, will only see Faithless from that.

It is on the Rock Werchter website

Ahhh, I checked and it had nohting. Just on English section now.

Actually, most of those are for the Marquee. Won't want to see most of them, not that great an announcement.

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Fairly meh in turns of big names, thought they'd have more out by now.

There are still lots of spaces to be filled. Muse, Rammstein and Pearl Jam sold it to me. Anything else is a bonus.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    There are still lots of spaces to be filled. Muse, Rammstein and Pearl Jam sold it to me. Anything else is a bonus.

Exactly! Mostly names for the Marquee, plus Faithless right before Muse should be interesting.

Maybe they will put Faithless after Muse. Kind of Like Oasis and The Prodigy last year. Weren't the Chemical Brothers on last for the opening night in 2008?

I don't see why it wont be dancy Faithless last this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

They put Faithless on after Metallica on the Sunday in 2007. Metallica's show was about 2.5 hours with pyrotechnics etc so it seemed like a festival closer... and then Faithless came on for an hour or so. They did a decent set though IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shinywhiny

The temper trap are added, they have confirmed on there myspace

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Whats the usual system for camping? Heard that this year you get to choose your campsite beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 shinywhiny

I got my camping ticket and they said you just choose your campsite on the day operating on a first come first served basis

shinywhiny wrote: »
    I got my camping ticket and they said you just choose your campsite on the day operating on a first come first served basis

First year I was there and the campsite was boring. No offence to Belgian people but you are.

Last year they put all the foreigners into one huge field. Good craic all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Anybody know where abouts the campervan site is. My mates taking her van and I'm hoping to camp my tent near her site. Ideally I'd like to camp beside her but I'm assuming campervans and tents are kept separate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Found this, apparently it might be the final line up?

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/5929/rockwerchter2010.jpg

Don't think it is, but it'll be very very cose alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Cianan2 wrote: »

If that is the final line up that looks feckin incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Can anyone please post the line up as getting blocked here at work.

Can anyone please post the line up as getting blocked here at work.

Thursday:
    Delphic
    Customs
    Mumford and Sons
    La Roux
    Bloody Beetroots
    Crookers.
    Stereophonics
    The hives
    Editors
    Faithless
    Muse

Friday:
    Mintzkov
    Owl City
    Black box revelation
    Stone temple Pilots
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Green Day
    Chemical Brothers
    Lightspeed Champion
    Jonsi
    The xx
    Jack johnson
    LCD soundsystem
    The Streets

Saturday:
    Das pop
    Ting Tings
    Daan
    Skunk Anansie
    Gossip
    Jay z
    Pink
    Rammstein
    Local natives
    Temper trap
    Florence and machine
    Absynthe minded
    Pavement
    Hot Chip
    Massive attack

Sunday:
    Drums
    Midlake
    Vampire Weekend
    Phoenix
    Klaxons
    Jamie Lidell
    Goldfrapp
    Vitalic
    Gaslight anthem
    Blood red shoes
    Wolfmother
    Kasabian
    MGMT
    Faith no more
    Arctic monkeys
    Pearl Jam.

Sorry not bothered sorting them into who is on each stage, but you get the jist!!

That would be amazing if true. I would however be sad to see a clash happening where Massive Attack and Pearl Jam are concerned.

• Advertisement

If that is the final line up that looks feckin incredible

If thats the final lineup I'm selling my ticket.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    That would be amazing if true. I would however be sad to see a clash happening where Massive Attack and Pearl Jam are concerned.

Massive attack are Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday according to that!

Massive attack are Saturday, Pearl Jam Sunday according to that!

DOH!!! I meant Rammstein, not Pearl Jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

That's a leak and a half, where was that?

Mushy wrote: »
    Are you serious? Faith No More, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Wolfmother, Skunk Anansie, Jay-Z, Chemical Brothers, Them Crooked Vultures, Stone Temple Pilots, Stereophonics, Hot Chip, Massive Attack???

budgemook wrote: »
    Are you serious? Faith No More, Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, Wolfmother, Skunk Anansie, Jay-Z, Chemical Brothers, Them Crooked Vultures, Stone Temple Pilots, Stereophonics, Hot Chip, Massive Attack???

Forgot Faith No More, but yeah, I would. Am debating it anyway, and possibly go Download. Bar 3 of the headliners already there, FNM, TCV, STP and Chem Bros, I wouldn't be interested. Jay Zed for the novelty for a few minutes.

STP, TCV, Wolfmother would be cancelled out obviously with Download, then AC/DC, Rage, Aerosmith, Stone Sour, Deftones, Lamb of God, Megadeth. Then this is gonna have Mastodon and Alice in Chains.

I'm seeing Muse in Wembley, Pearl Jam in Dublin and Belfast, so only gripe I'd have is missing Rammstein. I do think tat its not the full lineup though, so won't give up yet. I'd be oddly shocked not to see Porcupine Tree at it.

Also, with regards time off work, now want to go to London for day of High Voltage festival to see Transatlantic, so might put a hampering on things.

Forgot Faith No More, but yeah, I would. Am debating it anyway, and possibly go Download. Bar 3 of the headliners already there, FNM, TCV, STP and Chem Bros, I wouldn't be interested. Jay Zed for the novelty for a few minutes.

STP, TCV, Wolfmother would be cancelled out obviously with Download, then AC/DC, Rage, Aerosmith, Stone Sour, Deftones, Lamb of God, Megadeth. Then this is gonna have Mastodon and Alice in Chains.

I'm seeing Muse in Wembley, Pearl Jam in Dublin and Belfast, so only gripe I'd have is missing Rammstein. I do think tat its not the full lineup though, so won't give up yet. I'd be oddly shocked not to see Porcupine Tree at it.

Also, with regards time off work, now want to go to London for day of High Voltage festival to see Transatlantic, so might put a hampering on things.
    I suppose yeah, I hadn't looked at the download festival lineup. Faith No More are a pretty massive reason to go, as well as rammstein of course, though.

Anyways, a few mates went to download last year and said it was class so if it suits you better, why not?

because faith no more are playing (which I don't believe for 1 second tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

I will be a very very happy bunny if this is the line up:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

IF that is the final line up youcan sell you ticket to me mate!!!! Its worth it for FNM alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

I would be very surprised if FNM do another European Tour this summer.

Would love it, seen them 5 times last summer. Would rather see them play at Rock Am Ring though....

Advertisement