Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

if anyone wants tickets order them by phone!

you still will need a proximus account and valid email but you can ring +32 34.00.00.34

i ordered 2 on wednesday and got them emailed to me within minutes, a couple of other people ive told this to have done the same

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭endac1

Vampire Weekend, Yeasayer, Dirty Projectors and Gomez added!

Delighted :D

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/news/article.aspx?aid=de472afa-ea0c-497e-933e-c60ebb2500e5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yup especially for Vamp Weekend and yeasayer

never got into Dirty Projectors are they much good?

and Gomez appear to gave alot of promise

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭endac1

Dirty Projectors aren't a million miles away from Yeasayer, in fact they're very similar imho.

Gomez were around a while back and had some tunes, you might know them if you heard them...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YqPUSYpatE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Gomez had some great songs back in the day. I look forward to seeing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 nicechap

Just found this thread and glad to see theres a few more who are heading to werchter!

Am a werchter noob myself and am planning to head this year with 7 friends,

Only trouble is we only just got 6 tickets so far!
    On the waiting list for the other 2 combi tickets. Rang them today and the guy said there's a possibility of more being released but he wasn't sure.

just a question to those of you who have been before, does it usually sell out this early? and if so were more tickets released?

Failing that whats the best option for getting a few tickets? Heard a few stories about some dodgy sites selling invalid tickets.

As I said never been before so any info appreciated!

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 -Q-

nicechap wrote: »
    just a question to those of you who have been before, does it usually sell out this early? and if so were more tickets released?

Yes, it usually sells out very early and some tickets are released afterwards to undermine the black market. It's very hard to obtain those tickets as they anounce it on the national radio and they sell out again in minutes.
    nicechap wrote: »
    Failing that whats the best option for getting a few tickets? Heard a few stories about some dodgy sites selling invalid tickets.

I would try ebay.be and look for a decent seller. PM me if you need help with the language, I am Belgian myself but live in Dublin.

Thanks guys, i'll keep the fingers crossed for the waiting list,

Looking forward to going!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

One word of advice, stay away from Seatwave.com. Was in Germany at Rock am Ring last year and 3 guys were refused entry because the tickets they had bought from Seatwave had already been used for entry and they had essentially bought copies. Had to head back to the UK the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

a friend of mine was on the waiting list for combi tickets and got one this morning so there is still hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

laoise09 wrote: »
    a friend of mine was on the waiting list for combi tickets and got one this morning so there is still hope

Cheers for that.

Two of my mates who were on the waiting list just called Teleticket and within a couple of minutes had secured their combi tickets without any hassle. Worth a go for anyone who needs a ticket:

+32 34 00 00 34 is the number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LunarII

has anyone used the divento website for buying tickets?
    http://www.blvd.org/index.aspx?l=EN
    just wondering whether its above board

If you are on a waiting list theres a good chance you will get a ticket, My girlfriend just phoned teleticket with her customer ID and reservation number and got the tickets we we waiting for. Definately worth a try for anyone on the list.

Was just reading on the official website about the campsites rules and it says your confined to your own campsite. Dosn't sound like camping at oxegen where you can mingle at other campsites and have the craic. Just worried if we'll be confined to the campervan site as we're making a right trip out of it and driving over.

Has anyone brought a campervan over before?
    Are tents allowed to be pitched in the campervan site as they're will be 6 of us, bit of a squeeze!

Wheres everybody else planning on camping?

Lineup is almost completed now. IMO Friday is awful. Thursday and Sunday make up for that though.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

My friend has a spare ticket so is encouraging me to go. Hmmmm, hmmm, don't know what to dooo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 capprygirl

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    My friend has a spare ticket so is encouraging me to go. Hmmmm, hmmm, don't know what to dooo

Hey Censorsh!t.....if u decide against it, id be more than willing to take their ticket off them!

Censorsh!t wrote: »

You should go. It is one of the most relaxed and chilled out places you can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Sugarbeat

Definately go went 2 years ago, amazing lineup, weather super, bar the mad crazy 2 minute showers but you'll be dry 2 minutes later, crowd really calm too, no buzz for trouble floating about

Can't make it this year but get a lovely buzz when I think about it, so jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Should we have a poll to see where everyone is camping? I don't get to see my Irish brethern too often so would love to have a bit of a hoolie at the feest/ feile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Should we have a poll to see where everyone is camping? I don't get to see my Irish brethern too often so would love to have a bit of a hoolie at the feest/ feile :)

according to the official forums, there seems to be a large contingent of Irish going for A4. Haven't decided myself yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Hi all, I've posted this on the facebook page aswell in case anyone is interested in coming over a little bit lighter. We have two army surplus 2man tents, but from Ballinacurra in Cork a few years ago. They're good quality, hardly used and we're going to get a bigger one for Werchter, €50 each to take them off our hands. PM me if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Anybody having problems getting their free e-train ticket on the SNCB link

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/tarifs/tickets/rockwerchter/index.php

getting an 'Internal Server Error' when clicking on

https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETicketOrdering/InitStrutsActionToWelcome.do?lang=3&productCode=I51

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Anybody having problems getting their free e-train ticket on the SNCB link

http://www.b-rail.be/nat/E/tarifs/tickets/rockwerchter/index.php

getting an 'Internal Server Error' when clicking on

https://buy.b-rail.be/eTicketing/ETicketOrdering/InitStrutsActionToWelcome.do?lang=3&productCode=I51

yeah having the same problem man...and the official forums are down too :mad:

why did they get rid of the waiting list?? friend of mine has flights booked and all that...but no ticket :o just hoping to strike lucky outside the gates or something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

fincollins wrote: »
    yeah having the same problem man...and the official forums are down too :mad:

why did they get rid of the waiting list?? friend of mine has flights booked and all that...but no ticket :o just hoping to strike lucky outside the gates or something!?

actually it seems to be working now...

if flying into brussels...we put the destination station as BRUXELLES-NAT-AEROPORT im guessing??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Finally got my hands on a ticket so Werchter here I come :D
    Was there 2 years ago and had a ball, great atmosphere and great music

One quick question I am going over on the late Thurs flight so can I give my camping ticket to my mates to get a wristband for me thurs morn in case the campsite fills up ?? has anyone else done this ??

Thanks

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    has anyone else done this ??

I remember one person trying this last year and they were told the ticket holder had to be there. Not sure if that was a one off or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

not too long to go now! any hints/tips?

I see that they have released a handy app for phones on the Rock Werchter site. Once downloaded it doesn't need internet coverage so it is handy for stage times etc. and you wont be screwed on international roaming charges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I see that they have released a handy app for phones on the Rock Werchter site. Once downloaded it doesn't need internet coverage so it is handy for stage times etc. and you wont be screwed on international roaming charges

downloaded this for my iphone yesterday. It's quite brilliant, band bios, festival map with gps, add your own points of interest, clashfinder etc

• Advertisement

Weather is looking good for two weeks time in the Brussels area. I am hoping that it will not be as hot as last year. IIRC the year before was an absolute scorcher too.

Advertisement