Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE 1911 magazine problems

Options
  • 08-12-2009 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

I got a WE 1911 Magazine from a retailer in Dublin last weekend for use on my Wilson Combat cqb elite 1911 pistol as the two magazines I got with the gun had bad leaking problems. The two lads in the shop slotted it into the pistol before they sold it to me to see if it fitted and it did,so I was happy enough with that. I came home and tried it myself i put it into the pistol and it came out grand, then i tried putting it in again and it only went in half way because the spring came out of the mag and was inside the handle of the gun, so i took away and put the mag into the gun without it, the mag went in fine but wouldnt stay in the gun it kept sliding back out of the gun. if anyone could tell me what to do it would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Dr. Shredder

I got a WE 1911 Magazine from a retailer in Dublin last weekend for use on my Wilson Combat cqb elite 1911 pistol as the two magazines I got with the gun had bad leaking problems. The two lads in the shop slotted it into the pistol before they sold it to me to see if it fitted and it did,so I was happy enough with that. I came home and tried it myself i put it into the pistol and it came out grand, then i tried putting it in again and it only went in half way because the spring came out of the mag and was inside the handle of the gun, so i took away and put the mag into the gun without it, the mag went in fine but wouldnt stay in the gun it kept sliding back out of the gun. if anyone could tell me what to do it would be great, thanks.
    anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭joekickass345

i would say to bring it back and ask the lads at the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

what i think is the cold, the cold has had the exact same effect on my hand gun mags, i use the exact same mags for one of my 1911s and the cold effects the mags of all pistols ALOT, and yes one of the side effects is that it seems to leak gas slow or fast, or when your shooting it all the gas could eject out all at the first few shots! this same effect could happen when your playing with your pistol at home and you charge gas into it alot, the gas makes the mag very cold and this problem is caused again, try warm the mag up alot with your hands and see if it still has the same effects.
    and/or try cleaning gas bought at the shops.
    and/or bring it back to the shop for replacement or advice.
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Sounds like the mag catch is gone if the mag is just sliding out. Have you any pictures of what the problem is?

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Sounds like the mag catch is gone if the mag is just sliding out. Have you any pictures of what the problem is?

no man, gas leaking problem
    xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Well we must be reading seperate threads, as what he describes in the first post it the magazine not staying in the pistol.
    Leaking mag needs silicone oil and PTFE tape.

my bad, i forgot about the second problem he had with the mags
    my appolagies
    xXx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

I would advise getting it replaced as it is clearly defective. Sounds like the entire thing is fecked!

sorry i didnt explain it well, ok never mind the leaking problems thats not what im worried about its the new mag i got (because my old mags leaked) il get pics up l8r

i think whats wrong is the mag came without the thing at the top for pulling the spring down to put in bb's

heres the pics:

• Advertisement

yeah dude, go get it replaced, theres supose to be a little plastic piece for pulling the spring down, the BBs arnt supose to sit on the spring.
    get it replaced a.s.a.p.
    xXx

Advertisement