Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear this with?

• 08-12-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Any idea what I could wear with this? I'll be wearing black tights but a black top is bit obvious and boring I think, but havn't got a clue what else would go.. any tips please?:)

10700685_Gold_medium.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Varyn wrote: »
    Any idea what I could wear with this? I'll be wearing black tights but a black top is bit obvious and boring I think, but havn't got a clue what else would go.. any tips please?:)

10700685_Gold_medium.jpg

That's pretty!!

Something colourful - maybe colourful shoes or something? I have a black pair with cerise pink soles, and thats enough to brighten up anything black/grey.

Match your accessories with the shoes - earrings, bangles or whatever your style is!

I also find silver brightens black up - jewellery and stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Thanks for your reply :) Should have mentioned the skirt is a lot more gold than you can see in that picture. So not sure if silver would go with that? Always up for injecting some colour though!

Btw those shoes sound amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Aine5

Hi
    I also have this skirt.

I wear it tucked into a black top with short lace sleeves, I also got it in awear. I went for the black tights and a pair of black ankle boots.
    I got lovely black & gold earring in pennies, they a little heavy on your ear but work wonders with the outfit, also gold chain, bandgles.

I find the accessories really brighten the outfit up, as with all the black it can be a little dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭mashling

How about something like this http://www.asos.com/Darling/Darling-Metallic-Silk-Spot-Cardigan/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=670290&cid=4169&Rf-200=11&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Gold over a black top and some black tights for daytime wear. I think it would be really cute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Varyn wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply :) Should have mentioned the skirt is a lot more gold than you can see in that picture. So not sure if silver would go with that? Always up for injecting some colour though!

Btw those shoes sound amazing!

Oh okay, I didn't see the gold!!

Well replace silver with gold!

Gold might limit the colours you could wear - I mean gold and bright pink might look a tad mental!

Browns and things would be lovely, would be quite autumny tho - I think a black top and gold jewellery would be fab!

Yeah I love the shoes :) I have a weakness for shoes, I was on 64 pairs at last count!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Aine5 wrote: »
    Hi
    I also have this skirt.

I wear it tucked into a black top with short lace sleeves, I also got it in awear. I went for the black tights and a pair of black ankle boots.
    I got lovely black & gold earring in pennies, they a little heavy on your ear but work wonders with the outfit, also gold chain, bandgles.

I find the accessories really brighten the outfit up, as with all the black it can be a little dull.

Think I know the top you're talking about! Have a slightly similar one already so might wear that one tucked in :) The gold accessories sound lovely, don't have much gold jewellery so think this will be the perfect excuse for bit of shopping ;)

@ mashling: That blouse is gorgeous!! Might get that for christmas as a pressie to myself. Will be perfect for visiting family. Also have a little black skirt it'll go perfectly with too!

@ misslt - Haha yea those colours together might be a bit psychadelic alrite (as my mum always says!) Think I'll stick with a black top and might get a gold cardi I saw the other day until I get around to getting that blouse :) Oh and a girl can never have too many shoes ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Varyn, I had the exact same dilemma as you when I bought this skirt to wear to my Xmas party last week.

I ended up wearing a black sleeveless V neck (not too revealing), black tights and these boots from New Look

http://www.newlook.co.uk/1791843/179184395/ProductDetails.aspx

The color was perfect with the skirt and it I think it looked quite funky!

Advertisement