Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carrick / Modric / Niko

Options
  • 08-12-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

I think if Harry is offered cash and Michael Carrick for Luca Modric he should take it.

Now before anyone starts loosing the rag, let me explain. Modric is the better player but Carrick would improve our team where we need it most. He would give us a better balance in midfeild along side Palacios. The team must come before the individuals. This would be a top quality 4:

Niko Carrick Palacios Lennon

I never would have gone with this idea if we didn't have Niko at the club, he's top drawer and I think we can afford to lose Modric and play Niko on the left.

Obviously I'd still rather we just went out and bought Carrick or some other classy midfeilder, but sadly we all know that just not realistic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

what about modric in the middle n leave niko on the left? he can pass a good as carrick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

keane=cock wrote: »
    what about modric in the middle n leave niko on the left? he can pass a good as carrick

Very exciting going forward, slighty overly gung-ho though - remember Ossie's famous 5 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i wouldnt think that is gung ho, modric tracks back a lot. this midfield would be better

lennon palacious sandro kranjcar

modric

defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Not knowing anything about Sandro, but assuming he's like Wilson, I'd prefer;

Lennon - Wilson - Sandro - Modric

If we need to be a bit more creative, put Nikko into the middle instead of one of the two lads as I feel he'd be better there than Modric, or take a defender off and go with what Mick has suggested above, though keeping another forward on with Modric behind the two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

3 at the back, no way man. we are bad enough at the back with just four

croatia play modric in the centre and niko on the wing as modric is actually tougher and able to take more tackles than niko . niko is a bit of a girl when it comes to making tackles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

mickman wrote: »
    3 at the back, no way man. we are bad enough at the back with just four

croatia play modric in the centre and niko on the wing as modric is actually tougher and able to take more tackles than niko . niko is a bit of a girl when it comes to making tackles.

I only meant 3 at the back if we were looking for a goal. No way would I want us to chance it from the start. We don't have the players for it at the moment. Interesting about Modric - tough little nut!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I think if Harry is offered cash and Michael Carrick for Luca Modric he should take it.

Now before anyone starts loosing the rag, let me explain. Modric is the better player but Carrick would improve our team where we need it most. He would give us a better balance in midfeild along side Palacios. The team must come before the individuals. This would be a top quality 4:

I never would have gone with this idea if we didn't have Niko at the club, he's top drawer and I think we can afford to lose Modric and play Niko on the left.

Obviously I'd still rather we just went out and bought Carrick or some other classy midfeilder, but sadly we all know that just not realistic.

Disagree.
    Why not keep Modric on the left, and still buy a top player to play with and compliment Palacios ? Selling him would be a huge negative step for me. Niko is good, but not as effective as Modric. Modric has the capability to be world class over the next 18/24 months, and id love to see him fulfill that potential with us.

In saying all that, if we were offered top dollar for him, DL would be at the negotiating table in a flash :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

The only team that would benefit if that deal went ahead would be Man Utd again! (i.e Fergie would only sell if he thought Carrick's career is on a downward spiral - so we end up with Fergie's reject whilst losing our best, potentially world-beating player).

I agree Levy's 'money-men' might be tempted by a great offer financially - but i'm fed up with having a rosy bank-balance but a 2nd rate team.

Niko & Luca can fight for their place on the left and bring the best out of each other. And we need the cover anyway in a long season for injuries/suspensions as has just been proven by Luca just being out for 3 months.

Advertisement