Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zeus Webserver [repost]

Options
  • 08-12-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

I posted a question here yesterday, but the thread was closed before I got a chance to respond so i am responding here.

@blacknight

Thanks for the response, unfortunately that link doesn't work, but i searched through the forums and found some useful comments.
    It just added to my concern so I think it is time to change hosting.
    I had a gander at your [blacknight] packages, and they look good, the only thing I need that is not listed is ssh, do ye offer ssh with any of the shared host packages ? [edit I will ask this elsewhere]

@Evil Phil

thanks for your response,
    I do not need to ask register365 a question !
    I have already been on to them and got all the answers i needed from them.

I posted a question here, to see if anyone had any advice or knowledge, on how compatible Apache and Zeus server.

\/ original message \/
    hello,
    I have an hosting package, originally business unix with hosting365, now register365/namesco.

i was told today that they are about to move the old accounts [all the ex-hosting365 ones I presume] to new servers.
    These will be running on Zeus servers, I am aware that Zeus tries to be compatible with apache, but does anyone have any experience of zeus ?
    I am wonder if my sites [many of which make use of htaccess/modrewrite and other apache goodness] will still work after the move or should I just bail from their hosting while i have the chance, as I will have to move everything to the new hosting anyway?

Any advice ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ronan_

It was locked because you aren't meant to discuss hosting here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Ronan,
    Thanks for that I was wondering why it was locked.

Where should I have posted it ?

I tried the Web Hosting Forum but guess what, that was locked too.

The question definitely falls into the Software and Web Development box, but definitally not Design or Mobile Application so Development
    seemed like the best fit.

I tried the
    Ronan_ wrote: »
    It was locked because you aren't meant to discuss hosting here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can ask about Zeus vs Apache, but you can't ask about HostingCompany X or HostingCompany Y :)

Sorry that link didn't work - not sure how you can provide a search link from Vbulletin, as it seems to create "id" related URLs .. ah well :)

Advertisement