Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick Naval Reserve

• 08-12-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I was wondering does anyone here go to the Limerick Navy Reserve training? I've been thinking of joining but tbh I don't know anything about it! I really want to join because of the training you recieve and also that I love the sea!

Basically I just wondering do many people go?
    Is it fairly tough fitness and training wise. My fitness is fairly poor at the moment and if it was alot of fitness and training work, I might consider waiting 5 or 6 months to improve my fitness before joining!

Maybe if someone here is a regular there they might get back to me with all the info!

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

It'll prob take that long with Garda Clearence / Budgetary clearence just so ya know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Don't worry about fitness, there's no requirement. Have a look at the RDF pages around here for info on enlisting - procedures, clearances, medical etc. Ring the unit and see if they are recruitin at the moment. All this stuff is general for the Reserves, I have no specific info on the unit itself unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

go to www.bebo.com/thereservists this is a page dedicated to the naval reserve!

Advertisement