Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Venues Donegal

Options
  • 08-12-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Hoping to get married (god that sounds so weird!) in Donegal in mid-late Oct next year. Saw loads of cool places, however the preference at the moment is probably An Chuirt in Gweedore though (Lough Eske if I win the lotto before then!)

Does anyone have any feedback on this, or indeed any other venues around? Mucho appreciated!

Also, does anyone know who owns the sherrifs car which is always around Vintage car shows in Donegal. Reckon himself would be delighted if we could get that- probably mad pricey though :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

http://www.starcarhire.co.uk/ - do cars in the north west - nearly got an a team van, but was quoted £495 - two years ago - as it was coming from larne.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

Thumpette wrote: »
    Hey all,

Hoping to get married (god that sounds so weird!) in Donegal in mid-late Oct next year. Saw loads of cool places, however the preference at the moment is probably An Chuirt in Gweedore though (Lough Eske if I win the lotto before then!)

Does anyone have any feedback on this, or indeed any other venues around? Mucho appreciated!

Also, does anyone know who owns the sherrifs car which is always around Vintage car shows in Donegal. Reckon himself would be delighted if we could get that- probably mad pricey though :(

Thumpette,

Suggest you have a look at http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/ and then search Northern Ireland weddings. There's a wealth of information on this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thumpette wrote: »
    I'm sure that car is owned by a guy in Strabane and I'll find out if he hires it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

know someone who looked at harveys point a couple of years ago and they werent much more expensive than the town hotels (know nothing else about weddings)

so i'd ring round rather than assuming they are expensive (especially at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

know someone who looked at harveys point a couple of years ago and they werent much more expensive than the town hotels (know nothing else about weddings)

It can go on the time of year also, if you want to get married on the August bank holiday weekend you'll pay a hell of a lot more than a Tuesday in march, so it is possible to get cheaper deals in Haverys Point. Mid-late October should be a quitter time of year so it might not be dearer than other hotels. Haverys point is absolutely lovely and i can fully understand how weddings are dearer there.

As for An Chuirt, i was at a wedding there last year and couldn't fault it at all, food was lovely, the setting is beautiful and the hotel is top class. But if you do book your wedding there, ask them whats the arrangement for a residents bar is, when i was there i had to go up and ask the manager to open up a bar for us at the end of the night (it was a Thursday wedding so might of been different rules).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Solis in Lough Eske.

I was a groomsman for my friends there a few weeks ago.. and the quality of food and service is unreal.
    My friends told me that the management were extremely helpful.
    The place has the WOW factor and is not that expensive to have your function in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Was at a wedding in Rathmullan house recently. They did a great job all round.

http://www.rathmullanhouse.com/

Max 135 people, if that's a problem:

http://www.rathmullanhouse.com/Article_Listings.aspx?tscategory_id=36&category_name=Your+Wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

I'm getting married in Harveys Point in Sep next year, it is a gorgeous hotel/location.

Advertisement