Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing parcel

Options
  • 08-12-2009 10:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay... ordered some clothes for xmas pressies from the UK, after 2 weeks not arrived so chased it up with company only to be told they were delivered to me yesterday.... someone else has signed for my parcel:eek:
    this person does not have the same name as me, obviously knew that the parcel wasn't for them, so why do people do this?
    Would you sign for a parcel that you knew wasn't yours???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Keep your eye out for someone wearing the clothes and then call the cops. They can't be too far from your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Try asking for the name of the person that signed for your parcel. They might be known to you and then you can go ask for your gear back. Maybe you were away when the parcel was being delivered and they offered to take it in for you and drop it over when they had time.

Not everyone is that mean spirited this Christmas as to take something not addressed to them. Here's hoping anyway

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

follow it up again with the delivery agency just incase a mistake was made. are you living in an apartment or something???? how could someone sign for it???? ju8st trying to get a picture on what actually happened

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You did not receive the item. Its between the sender and Royal Mail(if applicable) / An Post.

I had this recently and the sender(02) told me that I would have to make a report to the Gardai before they could take any action with the Post Office.

Turns out the postman signed it, put a note through the letter box which went under the plant and put the parcel in the recycling bin. I never got the note and went through the whole process(stopped short of calling Gardai). Postman called to my house and fished the parcel from the bin. He got a bollickin for signging for the parcel.

Different from your situation but then again a neighbour "may" have signed for it and is holding it for you until they see you and you could keep missing each other.

Did you use Paypal? If so, claim through that initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Or if you paid with your credit card you may well be insured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Berty wrote:
    Turns out the postman signed it
    I've noticed this as well. When I get parcels that have a sticker for signing it's very often not there e.g. postie knocks on the door I open it, he gives me the parcel, I close the door and note that the sticker for signing has been pulled off without me actually signing it. I just shrug and think no harm done but this is making me wonder what if something goes wrong...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Thanks everyone, thing is I live in the country and I know all my neighbours, and the person that 'signed' for my parcel is a name that none of us know (the company gave me the name). Only thing I can think of is that either courier messed up totally and delivered to a different area, or that someone signed a fake name.
    Anyway, the company that sent me the stuff have sent me a claims for so I shouldn't have any problem getting the stuff again. I've heard that apparently this particular courier has had similar problems before?? They used to be parcelnet but are now Hermes.

I just remain amazed that someone would take in a parcel that isn't for them - guess I'm just too honest

Advertisement