Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas Exam Results

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

So, if you've received any of your results and want to share them, throw them up.

Let us know whether the subject is higher level or whatever, to save you answering the question when someone asks.

Are you on course for your expected points in June?

Or is it time to get your arse into gear? :D

What do you expect to get in the mocks?

I'll throw mine up when i have them too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

aarglynn wrote: »

Or is it time to get your arse into gear? :D

You can say that again :( I'm way off track and I've become soooo lazy, I'm asking Santa for motivation this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

A Business H.L (Luuurve it!)
    B History H.L (Ok 69%...same thing though!)
    B Biology H.L
    C English H.L (2% off a B..meh...)
    C French H.L

I didn't get marked for economics cuz I don't do it in school.

380 out of the 5 subs though..yaaay! I need 405 for my course.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

The good!

Business: 94%
    Economics: 88%

The bad!

English: 38% (in my defense i didnt bother studing:(..)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

well i probably wont get my maths results for a few years and my economics is still a whle coming but i got the other 5. all higher btw:
    Accounting 100% woohoo, but it was just on bank rec,revaluation and deprecitation tho
    Irish 93% only 6 people in the class passed, apparently im one of the good ones...
    French 91/92% i actually cant remember, easy test, a bit too easy actually
    English 80% really happy with this, wudda been happier with an A of course but my english teacher is an impossibly hard markers, people just dont get A's
    Physics 79% its a good mark bt i usually do better in physics, the test was different to the usual kind of thing he gives us.. pretty hard

and i do japanese outside of school so no test yay!

edit: just found put i got 96%in economics.. not expected so woo

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

My school doesnt do xmas test for the 6th year group we just get October exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

You've gotten your results already? I only had my first test today and we wont get the results till January...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Lawliet wrote: »
    You've gotten your results already? I only had my first test today and we wont get the results till January...

We used to start our tests the week before Christmas. But the school wanted to have the results back before christmas this year so students can put in work over Christmas if neccessary. I imagine most schools do the same for this purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

fkt wrote: »
    We used to start our tests the week before Christmas. But the school wanted to have the results back before christmas this year so students can put in work over Christmas if neccessary. I imagine most schools do the same for this purpose.

yeah my schools xmas exams are really early nowadays they finished over a week ago, on the last day of november

• Registered Users Posts: 17 aarglynn

Well seeing as I started the thread, I thought i should put up the results i have so far.
    Have 5 of my 6 results back:

(H)Accounting - A1 - 92% - 100
    (H)Geography - A1 - 95% - 100
    (H)Economics - A2 - 85% - 90
    (H)Maths - B2 - 78% - 80
    (H)Const. Stud.-A1 - 95% - 100
    470 points

So 470 so far, delighted.
    I'm a repeat student, and considering I got 465 in my Christmas exams last year having counted 6 subjects, I've improved a fair bit. :)
    Still have a history exam to sit next week. Probably my favourite subject but 2hr50mins exam that only starts at 5 in the evening could be a bit of a bitch, so if the grade takes a bit of a hit I won't feel too demoralized.
    Need 530 in June, with a bit of luck i'll beat that in the xmas exams.

by the look of these results, it seems that people on boards are geniuses..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

These are end of october/ start of november exams but we have xmas tests starting next friday as well

Economics - A1
    Ag science - B1
    Geography - B1
    Biology - B1
    Maths - A1
    French - C1
    English - B1

(:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I didn't know people took the ould crimbo exams serious:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Daragh101 wrote: »
    by the look of these results, it seems that people on boards are geniuses..?
    Was thinking the same.

I remember a couple of lads tell me this year - not top notch, would be around the C's and stuff - to avoid this forum at all costs around results time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Not as smart as some people on here but i'm pretty happy with most of my results especially becasue they are all honours

Maths - 49, not happy with this but it was a mock paper one instead of having it in February and i totally ran out of time
    French - 53 also not happy I misread the question and did it completely wrong but havn't got the results of my listening or aural yet and they'll more than likely bring me up
    English - 73
    Irish - 64 but i'm dropping to pass, it was nothing like the leaving cert
    Geography - 88
    Business - 84
    Biology - 86 but i'll bring it up

I'm aiming for high points so hopefully after a lot of study i'll be fine : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

(H)English - 81
    (0)Irish - 84
    (H)Business - 87
    (H)Economics - 94
    (O)French - 76
    (H)DCG -95

and the best for last (H) Maths - 87:cool:

Whaddup!

Reillyman wrote: »
    (H)English - 81
    (0)Irish - 84
    (H)Business - 87
    (H)Economics - 94
    (O)French - 76
    (H)DCG -95

and the best for last (H) Maths - 87:cool:

Whaddup!

ya must be good at DCG considering daly got 5%...lol..:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine were the week after mid term and I Got:
    Maths C1
    English C2
    Irish C2
    Business B1
    French B3
    Biology C2
    HistoryC2
    All Higher level except for Maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭SnowPretzel

I've gotten all my honours subjects back..:)

English-H-75
    Maths-H-88
    Chemistry-H-88
    Business-H-89
    Geography-H-100
    Physics-H-95

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I've gotten all my honours subjects back..:)

English-H-75
    Maths-H-88
    Chemistry-H-88
    Business-H-89
    Geography-H-100
    Physics-H-95
    Well done snowpretzel. Never ever thought I'd say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Maths(o) - A2
    Irish(o) - B3
    English - B3
    Economics - B1
    Business - A1
    French - B3
    Geography - D3

I'm in fifth year and it's the first ever set of tests where I have failed nothing.

I did thirty minutes study the night before the geography exam, the first bit of work I've done in geography in four years, so I didn't expect much of a result. Haven't done any regional geography so far either. I'm gonna start working hard at it because it really does seem one of the easier subjects from reading the exam papers.

Our French teacher started off doing pass stuff so it was really a B3 in pass. She's an absolutely hopeless teacher so I might end up doing pass anyway.

Delighted with Business and English. And economics even though I wanted an A. Pretty good anyway considering I've beaten most sixth years in every test so far this year(exact same exam, it's a shared class) and it was a mock paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

5th year all honours, slightly pissed off about my results

English - 71% (Apparently one of the best 5th year papers my teacher has ever corrected :))
    Engineering - 85% (Terrible result for something so easy, I wanted an A1)
    Chemistry - 87% (I misread a question that cost me the 3% I needed for an A1, it was asking for meaning of the VSEPRT theory :()
    Biology - No idea as of yet, Atleast in the 80s maybe 90s!
    French - 64% (I need to get an A1 in this :o)
    Maths - 77% (Many small blunders like forgetting to state the value of an unknown in an equation cost me an A)
    Irish - 48% (Meh, I studied the most for Irish and it turned out to be the worst exam result I've ever gotten!

I need 580 points for my LC.... >_>

18 months left :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

5th year all honours, slightly pissed off about my results

English - 71% (Apparently one of the best 5th year papers my teacher has ever corrected :))
    Engineering - 85% (Terrible result for something so easy, I wanted an A1)
    Chemistry - 87% (I misread a question that cost me the 3% I needed for an A1, it was asking for meaning of the VSEPRT theory :()
    Biology - No idea as of yet, Atleast in the 80s maybe 90s!
    French - 64% (I need to get an A1 in this :o)
    Maths - 77% (Many small blunders like forgetting to state the value of an unknown in an equation cost me an A)
    Irish - 48% (Meh, I studied the most for Irish and it turned out to be the worst exam result I've ever gotten!

I need 580 points for my LC.... >_>

18 months left :(

Yep 18 months you might as well just drop out now....?? Are you serious? Those results are brilliant, just keep goin.

All higher, got 6 back so far
    Maths-76% needs to be brought up
    Chemistry- 84% ditto
    Physics- 75% ditto!
    Irish- 81% pretty fkin delighted with that
    Art- 70% not countin the bloody subject anyway
    English- 90% deeeeelighted!

Hoping that French will probably be an A.

Think thats 505 points, need 545 tops but can get by on 520.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

whats DCG?

Yep 18 months you might as well just drop out now....?? Are you serious? Those results are brilliant, just keep goin.
    For my parents anything below an A2 is a fail >_>

lol...then dont listen to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Yeah your parents aren't filing out your CAO or doing the leaving cert. In my opinion unless the child is asking for loads of money for grinds and then doing nothing, it's absolutely none of the parents business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

My parents are the exact opposite! My mum gave out to me for complaining about getting a C in Chemistry once, saying I should just be happy I'd done so well in everything else. :o
    But yeah, don't let your parents opinions get to you, if you're disappointed with your results it should be because you want to do better, not because your parents want you to do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

91/100 in a christmas german oral. All I've got! :D

Yeah your parents aren't filing out your CAO or doing the leaving cert. In my opinion unless the child is asking for loads of money for grinds and then doing nothing, it's absolutely none of the parents business.
    If only it was like that. The next 3-4 weeks are going to be "Why didn't you do better?"

• Advertisement

If only it was like that. The next 3-4 weeks are going to be "Why didn't you do better?"

what planet are they on to think anything under A2 is like a fail?

Advertisement