Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip tattooing

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

is their any constraints about gettin a tattoo on your inner lip. ive decided to get one because i want a tattoo only i can see and the people who i want to see.

ive posted this in the questions thread but i need a reply asap i want to get one done tomorrow / thursday. just 5 characters not looking for the best tattooist in the world and cheap is preferrable

I know cheap tattoos are cheap for a reason but im not quite worried as its only five letters so the cheaper the better

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i have mine done, got it done when i was having something else...

you will most likely be charged a minimum fee... some people don't do it as far as i know..
    it fades.. mine used to say pirate and now mostly says te....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It's generally fine to get it done. just make sure you go to a reputable place. Price should be last thing on you're list when getting a tattoo. The only thing is that it will fade alot like tfak said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

do you want it to look good or not? if you do, it's simple - go to a good studio! zulu, snakebite..
    on a side note; i've seen quite a few of them and of those 100% of them looked $hite healed.. a bastard to heal, they fade almost completely and thus are generally considered to be a bit of a gimmick amongst tattooists. they were the finger moustache tattoo of the 90's..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Also worth noting that unless you're fairly well covered in tattoos no reputable place will do a lip tattoo on you in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Can't see anywhere turning you away from having an inner lip tattoo due to lack of coverage outer lip is a different story obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Can't see anywhere turning you away from having an inner lip tattoo due to lack of coverage outer lip is a different story obviously.

I'm sure some places may do it but friends of mine have been denied this very tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I have one and about half the tattoo disappeared once healed. The mouth heals too well for ink unfortunately. Its worth a go none-the-less, they heal differently for everyone. Don't get too fixated on getting it cheap, bare in mind the equipment must be sterile and the needle must be new etc (get him/her to show it being taken out of the sealed wrapper) both of which cost money regardless of the tattoo size. They're going to have a minimum price more the likely.

Advertisement