Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G.A.A. Year Book

• 08-12-2009 11:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭

The Waterford G.A.A. year Book which is compiled by the very hard working County Communications and Publications Committee will be launched at a function at Eason in the Dungarvan Shopping centre this Friday evening at 7-30.

This years publication which cost €12 is the biggest and best that the current committee have put together since coming together in 2007 and the book promises to be a must be stocking filler for G.A.A. fans not just in Waterford but for supporters right across the country and indeed outside the country as it looks over the happenings off all that went on in Waterford G.A.A. circles over the past twelve months, as well as a large amount of photographs of supporters at games which took place locally and at venues across the country where Waterford teams were in action.

This year’s launch will be performed by Lismore and Waterford hurlers Dan and Maurice Shanahan who while in Eason will be more than happy to sign copies of the book for all present.

This year’s book will go on sale from other outlets in the city and the county over the course of the weekend, or copies can also be got by contacting any member of the Communications and Publications Committee.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Just out of interest (and I have no motive for asking) who gets the profits from this? Waterford GAA? Charity? The lads who made it?

Just to stress, I don't think the money SHOULD go to anyone in particular, It seems like a nice Idea and if I had a major interest I would pick it up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

ziedth wrote: »
    Just out of interest (and I have no motive for asking) who gets the profits from this? Waterford GAA? Charity? The lads who made it?

Just to stress, I don't think the money SHOULD go to anyone in particular, It seems like a nice Idea and if I had a major interest I would pick it up.

The year book is put together by a committee. The same committee puts together the programmes etc you get going into matches etc. The profits from these ventures are not as high as most people would expect as the cost of printing does not come cheap. What ever money is left over from these ventures is given to the county G.A.A. Board each year, usually late in October which is used to run the cost of the board. This year just over €8,000 was given to the county board which can be seen in the boards financial statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I have a voucher for the book centre so I'll pick up a copy. Good to see money made goes to the county board.

Advertisement