Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official AH budget discussion thread (Rules/useful links in first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

So far it's been pretty good and fair I think, the adjustment to social welfare is the most logical change.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Unemployment won't be as high as it was forecast"

Source?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What the fcuk is he going on about Kennedy for and a new monument to his name in Ireland?
    Who is the TD for that area - they are being looked after and their support has just been bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Face of Cowen beside him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Ask NOT, what your Country can do for you, but what your f**king country has just done to you :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All over!

Ginny wrote: »
    A ****ing visitor attraction.

Their priorities are all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Is he taking the piss out of how Enda likes to quote JFK all the time?

Sick 'em Bruton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

basquille wrote: »
    All over, for Finna Fail!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

G'wan Bruton, slaughter them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

basquille wrote: »
    All over!

Alright lads and lassies down to the offy for cheaper drink and then start a riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

You will still get the same 160 euro as they only reduced the full rate.
    Krieg wrote: »
    Think you're fine, its only new applicants though lenihan didnt specify a lot

Thanks guys,couldn't for the life of me figure it out!!

All in all I think it's as good as could have been expected, I'm glad they only went for the higher-paid civil servants and not a blanket cut.

I wish the feckin arses would shut up shouting at Lenehin,couldn't even hear him several times!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

basquille wrote:
    All over, for Finna Fail!
    :rolleyes:
    Didn't realise my spelling was so poor..

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Go on Bruton!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I dont see how it does anything for job creation.....what i would give to be working today instead of sitting here to kill the boredom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

VERY convenient - a lot of so called details coming later!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Can't imagine how annoyed they are to lose 5-15% of their wages, just based on the fact they work in the public sector.

Sorry but I don't understand your logic regarding their disappointment.

They work in the public sector, therefore they are employed by the government. The government are in big trouble money-wise, and need to cut costs etc.

I work for a small IT company in the private sector. My boss had big money problems (still does) for the past 12-18 months, so last January he introduced a pay cut. I didn't even bat an eye lid to be honest. I took it on the chin, because I can see that he was losing so much money elsewhere, that he needed to do this. He let one of the girls go a few weeks back. Again, he really didn't want to, but HAD to.

How in the name of Jesus do people expect to remain untouched when the hand that is feeding them is getting poorer and poorer?? :confused:

RTE2 showing the opposition response.

Alright lads and lassies down to the offy for cheaper drink and then start a riot.

Molotov cocktail anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

So where are the expected public sector pay cuts? Biffo taking 30% and the higher paid civil servants taking 15% is not going to save a billion a year.

Probably try and sneak the really bad news in later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Fizman wrote: »
    Sorry but I don't understand your logic regarding their disappointment.

They work in the public sector, therefore they are employed by the government. The government are in big trouble money-wise, and need to cut costs etc.

Yeah, but when it's only the public sector of the work force being hit by the government, it must be a bit of a kick in the face.

Plus, 5-15% of your wages is a considerable amount. People have every right to be disappointed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

it's just weird, perverted even, the satisfaction people get out of public servants getting pay cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

MayoForSam wrote: »
    So where are the expected public sector pay cuts? Biffo taking 30% and the higher paid civil servants taking 15% is not going to save a billion a year.

Probably try and sneak the really bad news in later?

5% on the first 30,000

7.5% on the next up to 40,000

10% on the next 55,000

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

it's just sad really

and its 5% on the first 30K not 4%

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Yeah, but when it's only the public sector of the work force being hit by the government, it must be a bit of a kick in the face.

Plus, 5-15% of your wages is a considerable amount. People have every right to be disappointed.

They're more than welcome to match the ~140,000 redundancies the private sector have seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    They're more than welcome to match the ~140,000 redundancies the private sector have seen.

Never thought Id agree with this man but I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Fizman wrote: »
    How in the name of Jesus do people expect to remain untouched when the hand that is feeding them is getting poorer and poorer?? :confused:

I don't think anyone expected to remain untouched, but to be told in one day that your wages are being slashed by 5-15% percentage, that has to be a shocker.

It's just going to be a difficult next few months for a lot of people, if not everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

I get 204 euro a week on stamps. what is it cut to now? single man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Leixlip_Red

laugh wrote: »
    New SSIA!

Any more details on this?

Advertisement