Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Valu Skerries

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Went in tonight for a paper and a bottle of lemonade. In front of my eyes there are cans of coke in the drinks fridge with a lovely yellow collar and bold black writing stating " PART OF MULTI PACK NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY"
    WTF ????? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Office of consumer affairs should have something to say about that..
    http://www.nca.ie/eng/

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

did u speak 2 managr?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

call the Gardai immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

That previous thread mentioned above says a lot but of my experience even the reps are prepaired to open multipacks and display them for individual display if the store has run out. I worked in a supermarket for a long time and this happened often enough, especially if the order came in short never mind a surge in single item sales. It happens more often than you think too, to be honest I doubt coca cola would care too much, they may say in response to a claim that it is not allowed etc etc but I doubt it would bother them, they are getting their money at the end of the day, better seperate the multipacks and generate the sales than loose out because the item isnt on sale at all. Cocoa cola and such companies have their own merchandisers to fill the shelves with stock in supermarkets, where I worked, a local supermarket, we would see them at least once a week so I am sure the larger ones like Dunnes would be 3 times a week or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

It begs the question, would you rather pay more for the same product, that was not a multi-pack?

If not, whats the issue? as long as its the same product, (some items like crisps are smaller in multi-packs) then more power to them.

i recently bought nestle iced tea in super valu, and the label was polish. If they can import the thing cheaper from Poland than an Irish wholesaler, good for them.

Advertisement