Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to use own VoIP Service while on UPC, worked previously

• 08-12-2009 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello

I have an account with Blueface and cannot make calls
    I can receive calls, and when I dial I get a dial tone and then all fine, until I go to dial,

Sequence

1. Open line 1
      All fine hear ringing
    2. Enter phone number all fine I hear ringing
    3. Call connect I hear nothing, person on other end does not hear me and I cannot hear them, I can see level for the microphone and that fine, and when someone call me I hear them and they hear me all fine.
    When I dial to my voice mail service with Blueface I get through fine.
    Its only when i got to make a call.

Does anyone know how to get into the advanced router setting of the Cisco EPC2425 that comes with the connection.

I sent an email to UPC today as it has to be server side because it was working. According to some suggestions on the web I need to add VoIP to the Router Firewall, but I cannot access it as it is password protected.

I worked for 2 different ISPs and Dell so know my stuff. I just cannot understand why it was working 1 day and has now stopped working.

I tried it on 2 different laptops and same.

Any suggestion irrespective of how obvious they may seem will be greatly appreciated

The support from Blueface is second to non and if you ever have a similar problem i would highly recommend them, professional and fast and well structure problems

Kind Regards
    Mark

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The call setup works so the SIP session port is open. It may be that the SIP voice ports are not but then you should hear nothing. Some of these may try to open inbound which is an issue.

Start off by disabling the firewall on your pc for a sec and trying again.

Have you skype and have you rung the skype test numbers ??

You may have a codec problem , loading a G.7xx that may not exist or or setting a law or u law wrongly or having echo cancelling on are suspects.

Skype uses the ILBC codec, try changing to that on your softphone and see what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭M15

I use Blueface, its similar to skype

I have weird issue, I called my mobile and it range and I answered, but after 30 seconds the line dropped on the mobile, but the Softphone kept the call open, it was as though it did not realise the line had dropped.

I ran a diagnostics from a different soft phone and got the attached screen shot message.

Please can someone translate this into English.

Thanks
    Mark

Advertisement