Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy rollerblades in limerick

Options
  • 08-12-2009 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi, looking to buy good quality adult mens rollerblades. Does anyone know of where to find these in Limerick. Thanks for your help. S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How about the Surf / Skateboard type shop on Cecil street by the G.P.O?

It looks like the kind of shop to have them. Stereotyping I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Souness

Thanks Berty! Didn't even think of that shop. Was thinking Elvery's in Parkway, but the surf shop sounds like a better bet! Will give it a go:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Smyths, Childers Rd

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

Thanks for the replies. Melion, looked in Smyths before and could only find kids ones. Dacca88, thanks for the argos tip but as you say the quality doesn't look the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Where are you planning to use them? as long as the frame is comfortable you can get decent bearings and wheels online.
    I assume you dont want to buy the whole thing online as you cant test the fit.
    Ireland doesnt have much of a skating scene. I was a road speed skater before I came here, but had to give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

They sell them in jjb over by argos near parkway. Not sure the name of the road. :o
    Fairly good quality too, and not too expensive.

Jumpy, I would say the state of the roads here will limt where they can be used alright. Not a serious skater, just want a pair to roll around in:) Comfort and solid build be important.

the_pm_of_17, thanks for that, will check out JJB as well!

Thanks to all of yee for the replies!!

S

If the wheels get wobbly over time, look at buying a new set of bearings, maybe some road wheels as well, they will have far more grip in the wet.

If you end up getting good, there is a trick you can do with unleaded and sewing machine oil that will give you a far better spin out of your bearings as well.

Actually while this thread is open, does anyone know of any skating done in Limerick?

Not the skate park stuff, I mean like inline hockey or skating clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

im intrested if there are any places

I never did find anywhere :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jumpy wrote: »
    I never did find anywhere :(

Any good sites where you could order a pair on-line?

*cough* Erm no, my skates were hand made by Bont from a plaster mould of my foot. They are made from carbon fibre, leather and a magnesium alloy wheel frame. Surely you wouldnt assume I would buy a pair of plastics *feigns horror*
    The OP wanted skates, I wanted somewhere to skate. :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry, my bad! :o

Advertisement