Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest PS3 in dublin city centre

• 09-12-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

my ps3 broke..AGAIN..so im goin to town to buy a new one but where is the cheapest?i just want the ps3 no games or nothing...i har power city is cheap?..bargain hunters help me please:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Yeah, powercity had them for €250 last weekend, gone up to €280 now http://www.powercity.ie/?par=20-35. Think they had them in Harvey Norman for €250 as well, though haven't had a chance to check this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

Yeah, powercity had them for €250 last weekend, gone up to €280 now http://www.powercity.ie/?par=20-35. Think they had them in Harvey Norman for €250 as well, though haven't had a chance to check this out.

ah damn why did they do that:mad:...ill check harbey normans website now cheers:Dwait...where is harvey norman based in dublin?

Their website is useless, have to actually go to one of their shops, hence the reason I'm not certain their offer is still running.

Their website is useless, have to actually go to one of their shops, hence the reason I'm not certain their offer is still running.

on the website it says is stil on...ill go out to nutgrove tomorrow and see:D...my cod career is back on track:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

is it still 249 in HN's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

marko91,

Couldn't you trade in your old PS3 and they'll give you a new 80GB one in Smyth's for €160?

superfly wrote: »
    is it still 249 in HN's?
    Checked today and had them for €315 with one game included. As most new games are around €55, its seems reasonable to me.

KetchupKid wrote: »
    marko91,

Couldn't you trade in your old PS3 and they'll give you a new 80GB one in Smyth's for €160?

could i?...i bought the ps3 slim the other day in gamestop for 300 i had a 20 euro voucher plus i got mw2 with it free i just traded it in in xtravision for 25 as i allready have it...anyone wana play mw2 or fifa10 add my pn:D
    ...MarkLogan91

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Hi Marko91,

Is it too late to return the one you just bought, but I guess you won't get your old box back from Xtravision?

My 40GB PS3 has also died and I called Sony, just out of warranty, but they said I could exchange it for a new or refurbished one for €160. I called Smyth's, where I originally bought it and they don't have any more refurbished or 40GB so I'd get a new 80GB for the €160. I haven't yet done it, since I'm still trying to fix the old one and strapped for cash, but I think it's a gonner. I was angry that my PS3 died after less than 1-1/2 years and I have to shell out at least €160, but it's sounds good after hearing you paid €300. If I can't fix it myself the only other option is to get it repaired, but that will be at least €100 or more and I'd still have an old box with only a 40GB HD, so the €160 doesn't sound too bad. What angers me the most is it died during a firmware upgrade, certainly Sony's fault, but after calls to Sony I don't seem to have any other options. Good luck!

KetchupKid wrote: »
    Hi Marko91,

Is it too late to return the one you just bought, but I guess you won't get your old box back from Xtravision?

My 40GB PS3 has also died and I called Sony, just out of warranty, but they said I could exchange it for a new or refurbished one for €160. I called Smyth's, where I originally bought it and they don't have any more refurbished or 40GB so I'd get a new 80GB for the €160. I haven't yet done it, since I'm still trying to fix the old one and strapped for cash, but I think it's a gonner. I was angry that my PS3 died after less than 1-1/2 years and I have to shell out at least €160, but it's sounds good after hearing you paid €300. If I can't fix it myself the only other option is to get it repaired, but that will be at least €100 or more and I'd still have an old box with only a 40GB HD, so the €160 doesn't sound too bad. What angers me the most is it died during a firmware upgrade, certainly Sony's fault, but after calls to Sony I don't seem to have any other options. Good luck!

i had a 20 euro voucher plus i sold the free mw2 so i payed under 300:p...me bollox was i paying AGAIN for my ps3 to be fixed i just got the slim like...should last longer than another refurbished one from sony like

• Advertisement
Advertisement