Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Street-Lighting

Options
  • 09-12-2009 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭

Not a huge fan of all the xmas razzmatazz but I was driving home via Leixlip village this evening and I was surprised at how elaborately the Main Street was lit up with Christmas lights etc...fairly spectacular.

It is far superior, for instance, to anything I've seen in Dunshaughlin (where I live) over the last few years.

Got me wondering then if any of the other towns and villages in Meath manage to put on a decent display of lighting.

So which place in Meath do you think might deserve to win the award for the best Christmas lights display?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The ones in Ashbourne on the new street are quite tacky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

They're the same, dull lights in Navan that they use every year. So much so that you barely even notice them now at this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They don't even put up lights in Dunshaughlin anymore do they? All the businesses used to go together and pay for the street lights but that hasn't been the case for a few years now, everyone just decorates their own premises. It's a pity really, it's nice to see the main street all lit up and Christmassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Well, I am not in Dunshaughlin right now, slightly further away, in Prague, in the hotel reception!
    Just back from the main square, a few minutes walk away from here, where there is a very large Christmas tree in the centre of the square, the mother of all Christmas trees...
    Apparently, a similar sized tree here caused considerable damaged when it blew over a few years ago and demolished a few market stalls! No danger of that happening in Dunshaughlin.
    Anyway, I will take this opportunity to wish all fellow Meath boardsies a very happy Christmas and New Year!

Advertisement