Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre Weights Training Gym

Options
  • 09-12-2009 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend a gym in the city centre which is particularly good for weight training? Preferably one that doesn't get too busy and has reasonable membership fees.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Aw c'mon! There's gotta be some peeps out there with knowledge of the gyms in Cork. Preferably one which isn't flooded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

The Locker Room??? Isn't that a Weights Gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

tony martin is the only name for weight training/gym that i know. he is top class at what he does. as far as i know he has a small weights gym off the mall. maybe its father mathew st. near college of comm. i think he also had a weight management clinic in mac curtain st. he used to do a spot on neil prendiville show 96 fm ( that should not be held against him !! ) maybe he still does. anyway his name is tony martin. hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Thare's Fitton Street Gym:
    10 Fitton Street East
    Cork
    Ireland

Not sure if it was flooded. I remember that place was a pretty hard core free weights. They have like body building trophies all over the place etc...

Cheers for the suggestions folks.

I'm looking for somewhere that has good weight training facilities but also has some cardio as well. The fitton street gym might be a bit too competitive an atmosphere for me and perhaps Tony Martin's place a bit too small. Locker Room might be an option worth exploring but I wonder will this often become overcrowded with members from the Mardyke now using it's facitilies since the great flood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Hmm, I am goint to the one in the Metropole hotel...it's not big but it's got all you might need; However, I don't know what kind of weightlifting you do...if you're going for Mr. Olympia, then it's not the right place :)

Don't ask me about prices - the company pays for my membership :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

where is fitton street gym?

H3llR4iser - lucky for you. I'll have to pay my own way but I might check that out. Looking for free weight facilities more so than weight machines. A combination of both would be best though.

CorkMan - it's on Fitton Street, just off Father Mathew street where RTE is.

Advertisement