Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying an EK civic

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

they're BBS wheels not sure of the model though haven't investigated into it too much yet

Apologies for the atrocious pictures I will eventually get a GOOD chance to take proper ones but here goes.

DSCF4297-1.jpg
    DSCF4305.jpg
    DSCF4306-2.jpg
    DSCF4299.jpg
    DSCF4300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Love those wheels man!:cool::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

:/

I got €1300 on insure.ie

Thats 22 YO, 2 Year NCD, 3 Years named on policy NCD, 2 Years full license, Alarm+Immob, TPF&T

€1600 on 123.ie

What do you have the car down as?

I stuck in 18 YO, 1 YEAR NCD, 1 Year Full license, Alarm+immob, TPFT, Forrester S/TB Auto
    and got €3.3k. Is that right?

Insure.ie wouldnt quote me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yep, I meant is it remapped to run on our fuel, a remap on these cars is to safe guard the engine from detonation and to safely run on our lower ron fuel as there engines are designed to run on 102 - 104 ron jap fuel.

Without a remap you will be experiencing detonation in the engine and it will eventually blow, you wont be seeing any increase in power from a remap, its just so the engine will be running properly.

The st/b Sti Forester comes with 238bhp (240ps) from Standard, on our fuel that would drop to around 220bhp (222ps) so a claim of 280bhp would mean it would have a nice few modifications done to it and a remap done to suit them mods.

So has it any modifications done to it?

Looks nice from the pics, needs bigger alloys with lower profile tires and then will probably need lowering a bit and then I think it will look sweet.

also wheres the engine shot? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm really hoping it's a Vivio engine, just for the crack :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

How's it going for you? How is she on juice?

She's going great! Sorry I meant to upload some more pictures but my laptop is being repaired and thats my only means of connection with my camera.

Haven't had a bother with her yet :cool:

Petrol is pretty bad to be honest but its worth it!

I'm doing a full tank run at the moment to see how many miles I'll get to the full tank so I'll post back with the info!

adamshred wrote: »
    She's going great! Sorry I meant to upload some more pictures but my laptop is being repaired and thats my only means of connection with my camera.

Haven't had a bother with her yet :cool:

Petrol is pretty bad to be honest but its worth it!

I'm doing a full tank run at the moment to see how many miles I'll get to the full tank so I'll post back with the info!
    What are you hopin for/expecting?

In the teg i put in about 50 to fill it and get about 260 miles

• Advertisement

ah yeah well its a surprisingly small tank for the car thats in it! I think the tank is around 45 litres. I honestly don't know what to expect but all I know is that 50 euro doesnt go very far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Bit of a difference from an EK civic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

selling up adam?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1243077

costing too much for a first car or whats up?

Or too many points!!! :p

Only joking, pity you're getting rid so early. Best of luck with the sale!

Yeah I absolutely love the car but now I want something RWD and manual!

The running costs are actually quite manageable but I like change!

I'll miss her but life is too short to wait around!

Next on the list - an E30 :cool:

As your second car?! E30 is a bit of a different car for a young fella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

adamshred wrote: »
    Yeah I absolutely love the car but now I want something RWD and manual!

The running costs are actually quite manageable but I like change!

I'll miss her but life is too short to wait around!

Next on the list - an E30 :cool:

Hahaha you dont wait around do ya?! Best of luck with the car hunt anyway man! :D

Testament1 wrote: »
    Hahaha you dont wait around do ya?! Best of luck with the car hunt anyway man! :D

Haha yeah ah well no time like the present eh! I'm pretty impulsive with stuff like that and the e30 is a personal favourite

Advertisement