Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno Ranbat Survey

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

Any character when played to perfection could be considered godly, but one mistimed j.FP that gets countered leaves Seth in big, big trouble. I'd still say he's either just inside high tier or right at the top of mid, but no chance is he top tier.

Not likely to happen, but I'll have fun trying.

Yep agreed about playing a character perfectly.

I don't know man my two main problems with Seth are his ultra which means when Seth has ultra you cannot use specials, jump back or forward if you walk forward and try to attack low jump back fierce punch destroys it, as far as I'm concerned you effectively have to wait for Seth to make a mistake which if the player is careful won't happen as he has by far the best zoning in the game.

2nd lesser problem is the dive kick. Its extremely good/difficult to reversal on reaction which then leads to a 50 50 between the players is Seth going to non techable SPD or Shoryu? What if you dash back? Then he can spin kick (not sure if thats the right name) Anyway basically its very easy for Seth to make his opponent guess. (You know what I actually take this back tiger knee and hurricane kick provide the same mixup more or less.)

Akuma has a mix up like this but its from a techable throw meaning if you can react fast enough you won't have to guess. My problem with Seth's mix up is he very easily forces a guess on the opponent far easier than any other character in the game.

Still best fireball in the game.

Being countered in the air leads to a full combo just for being counterd? Harsh.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem fighting the vast majority of Seth players but the top PSN player showed me that the rest are sleeping on alot of Seths options and if Super wasn't coming out so soon it would be proved in the following year that Seth is the best character in the game.

But then again I could be way off, thats just my opinion.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    @Foamy:Projectors would lag so badly, it'd be like playing a 1-bar match online!
    I don't know how they would have had an anyway serious GH meet up with a projector seeing as lag is far more important/game destroying in rhythm games!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah but you can calibrate delays in rhythm games seeing as you know what's going to happen on screen.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

DeCoR18 wrote:
    I don't know man my two main problems with Seth are his ultra which means when Seth has ultra you cannot use specials, jump back or forward if you walk forward and try to attack low jump back fierce punch destroys it, as far as I'm concerned you effectively have to wait for Seth to make a mistake which if the player is careful won't happen as he has by far the best zoning in the game.

You probably know this but the only thing I can think of is focus dashing throw the jump back fierce. You can only really take a bulldog approach against him and look for the wall jump when hes gets close to the corner. Sim is probably the only character who can get around his Ultra. The Ultra is considerable more of a pain for Akuma than most other characters because you have so little health compared to most of the cast. However no one ever plays 100% perfect there is always a mistake.
    =DeCoR18 wrote:
    2nd lesser problem is the dive kick. Its extremely good/difficult to reversal on reaction which then leads to a 50 50 between the players is Seth going to non techable SPD or Shoryu? What if you dash back? Then he can spin kick (not sure if thats the right name) Anyway basically its very easy for Seth to make his opponent guess. (You know what I actually take this back tiger knee and hurricane kick provide the same mixup more or less.)

Well his SPD and Ex.Shoyuken are not that damaging. This 50/50 isn't a big problem for some of the cast. Thats a 50/50 Seth won't want to attempt against the other shoto's as their DP's can be FADC into Ultra so if they guess right Seth can say goodbye to a huge amount of health. Seth doesn't have the ability to FADC ultra at all though he does have that air juggle mix up and reset but still I'd rather be guessing against Seth than a character with FADC Ultra or worse Gief! Can his spin kick (actual name is Hyakuretsukyaku) not be avoided by backwards teleport, he could probably nail the teleport with Ultra though?

As for Seth been proved top of the heap next year if not for SSF IV appearance. I don't think it would be as the Japs don't play him and they have the highest standard of play. Latest Arcadia tier list showed he has quite a few bad match ups.

But I honestly can't see him touching Sagat. Sagat can't really be zoned by Seth as Sagat will win the fireball war and doesn't have to jump threw hoops to get to Seth and unlike Sim Seth doesn't have a forward fierce punch that can give Tiger Shots problems. Sagats only weakness is his slowness and he gets around that with Kara Knee and maybe a crappy focus attack. He doesn't have any major weakness he's very good at any range. Seth might have a better mix up and a ultra thats easy to land but it doesn't make up the 400 less health and the massive disparity in damage output between the two characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actually, Seth looks like he won't be a playable character in Super.
    That or the JPs will "soft-ban" him (like they did O.Sagat in ST, IIRC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

CE Bison..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Actually, Seth looks like he won't be a playable character in Super.
    That or the JPs will "soft-ban" him (like they did O.Sagat in ST, IIRC)

Absolutely impossible to tell the latter at the moment, I don't see them scrapping a character though.

I love Seth as a mess character, I can give people some problems with him too (crap people :P) I hope they don't get rid of him as a playable character

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everytime I come up against a Seth online I get murdered. His combo strings are so frustrating since they go on forever.

did you fight my seth the other night retro? I don't remember...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep and i got murdered as well iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i gotta get in on this also plan on hosting an invite only tournament at my house big tvs etc... so if anyone has any ideas on setting up a stream let me know

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

meducation wrote: »
    i gotta get in on this also plan on hosting an invite only tournament at my house big tvs etc... so if anyone has any ideas on setting up a stream let me know

All you got to do to get in on it is to show up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

@ DeCoR18 , wtf a really good irish akuma player who plays on PSN? How the feck have I not heard of you before, why don't you post here more and come to the meets!?! Its a travesty I've never played you :(

Not that I'm good, I just never get to play high level akumas, they seem to be on XBL.

Back in 3s I had high level akumas coming at me none stop. I love fighting really good akumas!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yep and i got murdered as well iirc.
    I'm going to put that on your controller, my Seth is fairly basic, except for one or two tricks. :)

It was all me that time. I've no idea how to face seth and he frustrates me. If there's one thing I know about street fighter is that if you remain calm you have a good choice at winning but seth makes me lose it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Can we get a date sorted for this? the earlier it's known the more people can plan.

I favour the 9th as I should be able to make that and I certainly won't be there on the 2nd, I'll be too busy being hungover.

Advertisement