Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Job Market in Ireland...

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello Forum,,

I am an Asian and intend to get employment in Ireland. Can some one tell me how is the current job market esp IT .

I am having 4+yrs experience in QA (IT).

Also are there any trusted placement agencies that I can contact ..

PLEASE HELP !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The market's pretty bad to be honest. I'm a Technical Apps Consultant / DBA with 6 years experience and I had to move to UK for even short-term work.

Trusted recruitment agencies? Can't say such a thing exists!

One word of warning is that many of the jobs you see listed on the job sites aren't real, they're recruitment agencies gathering CV's so don't get disheartened if you don't hear back from a lot of them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My friend you would most likely be better off wherever you are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭macca1983

djkoustubh wrote: »
    Hello Forum,,

I am an Asian and intend to get employment in Ireland. Can some one tell me how is the current job market esp IT .

PLEASE HELP !!!

Stay where you are!!You wouldn't get a job in Ireland at the moment even if you were a rocket scientist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

macca1983 wrote: »
    Stay where you are!!You wouldn't get a job in Ireland at the moment even if you were a rocket scientist!
    Probably better off moving to the us to work for NASA if youre a rocket scientist tbf :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭macca1983

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Probably better off moving to the us to work for NASA if youre a rocket scientist tbf :P

True!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Priapus

I'd also recommend staying where you are. There is very few jobs available here at the moment. It is not a good time to come to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Would you need a work permit as a non-EU citizen? Or maybe an employer to sponsor your application?

I don't know a lot about the process but unless you have exceptional and needed industry skills then I don't see why you should be given a work permit if there are many EU candidates available for the jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Columbo

Agree. Without a work permit it will be near impossible. Stay where you are

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

In the last couple of years, we've managed to more than double our unemployment rate. It's not a good time for jobs, in any sector including IT (I've a few friends who can't get work in the sector). Best to try one of the other 193 countries...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Whats the IT Support contracting business like these days ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

There are way too many people who have been made unemployed and are still looking for work here at the moment. The UK would be a better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Morlar wrote: »
    There are way too many people who have been made unemployed and are still looking for work here at the moment. The UK would be a better bet.

Enough with the generalising. Too many what made unemployed ? Builders, bakers, candlestick makers , SQL Database administrators ??

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Bloody awful, to be honest.
    The UK would be a better bet

It's not that much better, nearly 3 million unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

djkoustubh wrote: »
    Hello Forum,,

PLEASE HELP !!!
    If you have a work permit and at least two years of decent experience then I think you have a good chance at getting a QA job. You might have to be flexible about where you'll relocate to in Ireland though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I seen QA jobs on Monster.ie all the time. How many of them are actual real jobs is a different matter....

Stay where you are OP, we've 13% unemployment at the moment.

Advertisement