Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course to opt in UCD - Smurfit .....

Options
  • 09-12-2009 6:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello,

I am an ASIAN & intended to pursue my MASTER (even MBA) from UCD - Smurfit.

The B-School seems OK to me (though expensive).

I would like to get answers for following question..
    • Is it recognized in Ireland
    • How is the placement for people passing out esp foreign nationals
    • Course content wise how it is
    • Do they really look for work ex or anyone can get in.
    Also if anyone has other info please do let me know...

IS IT WORTH DOING MASTER (in mgmt) or MBA from UCD-Smurfit.. given that I would be investing loads of money & come all the way from ASIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

What i have to say is mainly hearsay, as I have no personal experience in the course, but have researched it myself.

Smurfit is highly recogonised in Europe, and has triple accreditation etc (One of their programmes got ranked number 1 in Europe year before last). Outside Europe, I do not know to put it simply.

The MBA programme is meant to be quite good as are all the masters with the exception of Master in Management.

I considered doing this myself. However decided against it due to the bad reviews I heard of it.

Apparently the course isn't great and the participants do not get much out of it. (all hearsay, no proof or so to say).

Do not know if that was any help to you.

Advertisement