Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Fiorentina [Match Thread] Aquilani to start

Comments

Good to have you back Torres, he's looking lively.

Different team with him on.

Pacheco on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Pacheco!!!

Should have been getting a run when Voronin was getting games there a few weeks back IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Someone should tell that Pacheco lad that pink and red don't match.

Fashion police on their way to Anfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Delighted to finally see pacheco in the first team. Brilliant little player from what ive seen. Hes small,fast,tricky and has plenty of flair something our team lacks at times.

Id play him ahead of Ngog any day.

EDIT: What a difference Torres makes to the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

joe123 wrote: »
    Delighted to finally see pacheco in the first team. Brilliant little player from what ive seen. Hes small,fast,tricky and has plenty of flair something our team lacks at times.

Id play him ahead of Ngog any day.

Pacheco plays off the striker. N'Gog is a striker.
    Not like for like TBF. Also N'Gog has been playing well.
    Would like to see Pacheco a lot more myself though.

Pacheco plays off the striker. N'Gog is a striker.
    Not like for like TBF. Also N'Gog has been playing well.
    Would like to see Pacheco a lot more myself though.

Id play Kuyt up front and stick Pacheco in behind and Yossi out wide.

Even still I think Pacheco would be more effective than Ngog. I just dont think hes any good at all and will be very suprised if hes still at the club in two years time.

Darby looking really tired

Darby looking really tired

caught out for that goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

AWW FFS!! :mad:

Very disappointing end.

I just dont think hes any good at all

I'm surprised at that TBH.
    Looks like a good player, plenty of pace good control and an eye for goal and a few goals to boot. Any time i've seen N'gog play I have not been dissapointed. And he's only 20!

I'd play him up front ahead of Kuyt any day. Leave Kuyt on the wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

what is it with ye and conceding last minute goals ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Poor defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fully deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Oh FFS:mad::mad::mad:

This CL campaign has been absoloutly woeful

Story of the campaign.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oh FFS:mad::mad::mad:

This CL campaign has been absoloutly woeful

This season as a whole has been woeful

Headshot wrote: »
    what is it with ye and conceding last minute goals ?

****e defending basically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That was so predictable :D

Aidric wrote: »
    Fully deserved.

Naw, nothing much between the two TBH. Deserved a draw.

• Advertisement

on a brighter note, no injuries :)

Well done Fiorentina, they look like a decent footballing side. Wouldn't like to be facing them in tha last 16, will give most teams a good match I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

I've surpassed the pissed off stage. I actually find this funny :pac:. This team is complete rubbish. Their confidence is the pits. Effort and desire to win isn't even there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

magma69 wrote: »
    I've surpassed the pissed off stage. I actually find this funny :pac:. This team is complete rubbish. Their confidence is the pits. Effort and desire to win isn't even there.

Sadly i'm with you there Magma69. I didn't even remember that this game was on until there was 71 mins gone in it....

Pi55ed off with this lot.

C'mon lads its not all doom and gloom......
    Oh wait...
    Yes..
    Yes it is..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Stevie sounds fairly unhappy. This has been some woeful season. 'Green shoots' around the place but, jesus, after last season, green shoots wasn't really what everyone here expected to be looking for...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Team isnt good enough. Overachieved last season. New manager and a cleanout of the rubbish needed. Won't happen, so unless an offer is made for the club they will continue to plod along.

Shame really. There are some good players in the youth setup. How did people rate Aquilani by the way? Wasn't blown away....but I can see the potential there. Bit more match practice is needed. Hope he starts in the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Typical of us tonight, we will probably beat arsenal on sunday, such is the rollercoaster ride of being a fan of this team.

I'm surprised at that TBH.
    Looks like a good player, plenty of pace good control and an eye for goal and a few goals to boot. Any time i've seen N'gog play I have not been dissapointed. And he's only 20!

I'd play him up front ahead of Kuyt any day. Leave Kuyt on the wing.

I just dont see it. For the build of him he doesnt seem overly quick and shoulder to shoulder hes like a featherweight. Pushed off the ball constantly. Doesnt seem to be aware of whats around him at all.

And not really sure why you think he has an eye for goal. Maybe im doing him an injustice here but off the top of my head all his goals that hes got for us have been little flicks/tap ins. I remember a header he got from about two yards out which he nearly put over.

I much prefer Kuyt out wide myself aswell to be honest.

Kirby wrote: »
    Team isnt good enough. Overachieved last season. New manager and a cleanout of the rubbish needed. Won't happen, so unless an offer is made for the club they will continue to plod along.

Shame really. There are some good players in the youth setup. How did people rate Aquilani by the way? Wasn't blown away....but I can see the potential there. Bit more match practice is needed. Hope he starts in the weekend.

Aquilani played well, bit of match fitness and he'll be smashing...

Kuyt has been fairly rubbish this season though. I'm a fan of what he brings when hes playing well, but there is just no guile there at all. I'd have dropped him to the bench by now tbh.

• Advertisement

I just dont see it. For the build of him he doesnt seem overly quick and shoulder to shoulder hes like a featherweight. Pushed off the ball constantly. Doesnt seem to be aware of whats around him at all.

And not really sure why you think he has an eye for goal. Maybe im doing him an injustice here but off the top of my head all his goals that hes got for us have been little flicks/tap ins. I remember a header he got from about two yards out which he nearly put over.

I think your being a bit harsh on the lad.
    He needs to be in position for tap ins after all, he is fast and he bulked up since last season, he is strong on the ball. I remember that header too, down off the crossbar ;)
    He's not the finished article, at 20 hes a good prospect.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Typical of us tonight, we will probably beat arsenal on sunday, such is the rollercoaster ride of being a fan of this team.

Absolutely nailed on 1000% per cent to win. It would be typical of both Liverpool and Arsenal for this to happen.

Kuyt has been fairly rubbish this season though. I'm a fan of what he brings when hes playing well, but there is just no guile there at all. I'd have dropped him to the bench by now tbh.

He has been really poor.
    Every one in that squad needs to up their game big time, apart from a small few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Dunphy? :p

In all seriousness though. Our season has been pretty bad so far. Something has got to be done as I don't see the determination that was there last season. Last season we were turning results around with pure grit and determination. The team just doesn't seem to have it now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

To be honest, I think that he just looks knackered. With Torres out he's had to play practically every game this season. For an all-action player who never stops running, that'll take its toll.

Jako8 wrote: »
    Dunphy? :p

In all seriousness though. Our season has been pretty bad so far. Something has got to be done as I don't see the determination that was there last season. Last season we were turning results around with pure grit and determination. The team just doesn't seem to have it now though.

Its a legitimate word.....its in the dictionary and everything! :p Its true though. If there isn't an easy pass on, he is going to lose the ball. Its like clockwork. I take the point that he's tired, but its december. I don't really buy that from a pro this early into the season. And its not like he was brilliant back in september either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I can't wait to hear what Dunphy makes of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i think you were watching a different game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

flahavaj wrote: »
    Absolutely nailed on 1000% per cent to win. It would be typical of both Liverpool and Arsenal for this to happen.

you putting money on that then fla, €100 should be enough :D

personally if liverpool were playing athlone town on sunday at anfield i wouldn't put money on liverpool, so bad they are at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Yawnfest nothing game. Aquaman looked excellent and good to see Pacheco get some game time. Onward and upward.

• Advertisement

its coming up after the adverts

i cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jako8 wrote: »
    Last season we were turning results around with pure grit and determination. The team just doesn't seem to have it now though.

grit and determination will only take you so far & arent enough to rely on for results. more squad depth and consistecy is what is required but obviously cash problems are limiting who ye can buy & consistency is linked to confidence which is at a low these days at Liverpool

i cant wait

I've the Kleenex ready

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I've the Kleenex ready

dont worry, no need to cry

ye still have the mickey mouse Europa league ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fairly typical display by Liverpool again.

In terms of plus points, I was absolutely delighted to see Pacheco come on and was extremely impressed with him everytime he got on the balls. Really excited about what his future may hold. The fact that Sky didn't mention him in the post match analysis doesn't surprise me too much but some of the press have to pick up on it.

I was surprisingly impressed for Dosenna also. How he was ever played as a full back is beyond me but he done well on the left and got himself into some extremely good positions.

Aquilani done pretty much as well as I expected. Lacked sharpness but still done well.

I was extremely impressed by Mascherano's performance. It is how we are used to seeing him play and hopefully the talk of a new contract has had a part to play in it - hopefully he may have gotten over the Barca talk now.

Good to see another local lad come through but shame he had an integral part to play in the losin goal. It's time to give Kuyt and Insua a break.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you putting money on that then fla, €100 should be enough :D

personally if liverpool were playing athlone town on sunday at anfield i wouldn't put money on liverpool, so bad they are at the minute

I might thropw a few bob on them actually.

I said they'd beat United as well. Just seems like one of those times Rafa will pull off the unlikely victory.

Might as well make a few bob from such a rare occurance afterall.:pac:

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I've the Kleenex ready

Are you crying or w*nking?:pac:

i cant wait

:rolleyes:
    Isn't he a bit predictable lads??

:rolleyes:
    Isn't he a bit predictable lads??

just have to laugh at what he comes out with, unbelievable stuff sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Shocking match.

More conclusive evidence there is big trouble in the Liverpool camp, completely souless performance.

Advertisement