Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Fiorentina [Match Thread] Aquilani to start

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Boggles wrote: »
    Shocking match.

More conclusive evidence there is big trouble in the Liverpool camp, completely souless performance.

I think you are reading too much into things. There was little to distinguish that performance from quite a few matches last season or previous seasons. The key difference once again being our in ability to defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Shocking match.

More conclusive evidence there is big trouble in the Liverpool camp, completely souless performance.

Especially considering the major consequences of losing this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

completely souless performance.

Bit harsh no? It was poor yea but souless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I think you are reading too much into things. There was little to distinguish that performance from quite a few matches last season or previous seasons. The key difference once again being our in ability to defend.

How much worse do things have to get????

7th in the league, out of the title race in November, out of the CL with a game to spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Balls, inabilty to kill the game off and score, 5 goals I think in the whole competition this season.

If you can't see there is something wrong with the attitude and confidence of the players your watching a different team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

joe123 wrote: »

I much prefer Kuyt out wide myself aswell to be honest.

Perfer him so wide he is in the dug out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    just have to laugh at what he comes out with, unbelievable stuff sometimes

was that it from RTE bloody hell

I need my whelan fix

flahavaj wrote: »

7th in the league, out of the title race in November, out of the CL with a game to spare.

Don't forget the carling cup.

It could be worse though, we could have lost the derbys

I need my whelan fix

I think Liverpool got the sympathy segment: Eamonn's fag break.

A new low for LFC.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Headshot wrote:

I need my whelan fix

I feel cheated. You could see Dunphy sitting there grinning, waiting to be unleashed. Damn you Bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I need my whelan fix

Haha yeah, Houghton sounds so timid. I could see the Dunphster out the corner of the picture licking his lips!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Shocking match.

I have to agree with Boggles here and another defeat on Sunday against Arsenal will see Liverpool slide further down the table.

Guardian end of game scribbling
    Full-time: A dispiriting end for Liverpool. Torres looked sharp when he came on, Gerrard came to the fore in the second period, Pacheco looked highly promising during his cameo, and Aquilani hinted at positive things to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mike65 wrote: »
    Perfer him so wide he is in the dug out.

Some of those players could do with his never give up attitude though....

I need my whelan fix

Here ya go http://www.britishblogs.co.uk/images/178844.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Liverpool could use that tom cruise fellow that the gunners have in defense :p

what was the story with Benni shaking the head as if he didnt make contact on the ball ?

He hates Rafa, Liverpool and life itself.

Or it was a signal to Mossad to make their move in some far off country where the game was being broadcast.

what was the story with Benni shaking the head as if he didnt make contact on the ball ?

He had money on Gerrard for 1st goal

He couldn't believe his Europa League team were beating the mighty Fiorentina, they of CL knock out phase fame.:pac:

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    He had money on Gerrard for 1st goal

I was actually hoping he didnt make contact with it but It was clear he did
    He couldn't believe his Europa League team were beating the mighty Fiorentina, they of CL knock out phase fame.:pac:

lol

The blows are getting lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

If you can't see there is something wrong with the attitude and confidence of the players your watching a different team.

Have to agree. I'm not sure if it's down to the general feeling in LFC at the moment or just down to the fact that there was nothing to play for but the team looked despondent. Arsenal game should be interesting to test out how just what kinda shape this team is in.

On the other hand Fiorentina could be the dark horse in the CL. Look a good team. 15 points from 18 is good going.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The blows are getting lower.

No harm meant mate, tongue in cheek as always.:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I honestly was pretty happy with the game despite the goal Benni and after that Kuyt didn't show up,
    But Gerrard seemed way fitter, I was impressed with Aquilani, Pacheco had little impact but he's the type of player we need to have to bring of the bench and in time will be important, Torres back, Agger and Skrtel looked pretty good together, Insua seemed fitter aswell, and I thought Dossena and Masch where making graet tackles all over. Cavalieri deserves mentions to was impressive this evening. Harsh on Derby as he's just not at that level and was thrown in at the deep end somewhat but he was probablu culpable on both goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

A lot lot worse. There is still 2/3rds of the seasons left like.
    Balls, inabilty to kill the game off and score, 5 goals I think in the whole competition this season.

There is something wrong with them alright - I don't think I disputed that. I just said that you were over playing it. It's bad but it isn't a disaster just yet.

A lot lot worse. There is still 2/3rds of the seasons left like.

Yes quite early to be already out of contention in your two main competitions? I admire your optimism.

I wouldn't expect a fair shake from Boggles somehow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

In terms of plus points, I was absolutely delighted to see Pacheco come on and was extremely impressed with him everytime he got on the balls.

Hello sailor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Didn't get to see the match, how did Aquilani do? the only clip i seen on rte was some rediclous looking back heel and he gave the ball away

how did he play over all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hello sailor!

HHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,011 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really don't understand all the knocking going on here. Liverpool were already out of the CL and this was a nothing match. Whats the big deal?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I really don't understand all the knocking going on here. Liverpool were already out of the CL and this was a nothing match. Whats the big deal?

Pathetic performance.

Like most of the CL performances bar Lyon away.

They showed f-all for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ntlbell wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the match, how did Aquilani do? the only clip i seen on rte was some rediclous looking back heel and he gave the ball away

how did he play over all?

Lacking in pace - he was running like he'd a parachute on his back.

Prufrock wrote: »
    Fiorentina could be the dark horse in the CL. Look a good team. 15 points from 18 is good going.

Bah - they had an easy group. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

They were playing for pride!

They played at home

They failed to win

They failed their task!

Liverpool is seriously struggling, Rafa knows it, the team know it... It's about time, losing out this early on in the Championship is a shame!

Lacking in pace - he was running like he'd a parachute on his back.
    Did you see Gerard's interview and what he said about Aquilani :O

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Did you see Gerard's interview and what he said about Aquilani :O

About him needing a while to get up to speed? Just watched it - he'll need the wind blowing in the right direction for that!

About him needing a while to get up to speed? Just watched it - he'll need the wind blowing in the right direction for that!
    Yup that one, i am not a Liverpool fan but i thought his attitude and approach was a little meh....

I have a few good mates who support Pool and today's match was very bad! Worse than a draw(goal less) against Blackburn :(

Sad times...

Checking Ladbrokes for odds on Rafa leaving/getting sacked ;)

Yup that one, i am not a Liverpool fan but i thought his attitude and approach was a little meh....

I have a few good mates who support Pool and today's match was very bad! Worse than a draw(goal less) against Blackburn :(

Sad times...

Checking Ladbrokes for odds on Rafa leaving/getting sacked ;)
    I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan, there wasn't much wrong with a draw there at the present time, it was our 2nd draw at home this season, we have 4 wins and one loss. We beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup in our previous game, had kept 2 clean sheets in our previous 3 Premier League games, it was probably the worst time in the last 4 seasons for any team to come to Ewood Park.
    As for the game last night, I didn't watch it because it was a nothing game. Its no big deal at all and anybody getting riled up or downtrodden over that result needs a reality check.

• Advertisement

I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan....... Its no big deal at all and anybody getting riled up or downtrodden over that result needs a reality check.

Are you having a laugh? I know you are a Blackburn Rovers fan but there was plenty to pissed off about over that result and performance.

That we were in no position to go through is hardly the point - it was a chance for them to show something at home becasue they have shown **** all in the other two home games. That they couldn't get motivated enough to even maintain our top seeding in Europa League is farcical.

Torres looked completely disinterested also.

I'm a Blackburn Rovers fan, there wasn't much wrong with a draw there at the present time, it was our 2nd draw at home this season, we have 4 wins and one loss. We beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup in our previous game, had kept 2 clean sheets in our previous 3 Premier League games, it was probably the worst time in the last 4 seasons for any team to come to Ewood Park.
    As for the game last night, I didn't watch it because it was a nothing game. Its no big deal at all and anybody getting riled up or downtrodden over that result needs a reality check.
    Reality check? This is Liverpool we are talking about not Ipswich, Blackburn have improved in the last yr especially since was fired. But against Liverpool, Liverpool is EXPECTED to win... Simple as..
    noodler wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh? I know you are a Blackburn Rovers fan but there was plenty to pissed off about over that result and performance.

That we were in no position to go through is hardly the point - it was a chance for them to show something at home becasue they have shown **** all in the other two home games. That they couldn't get motivated enough to even maintain our top seeding in Europa League is farcical.

I saw the highlights of that game, it was ****e! I was disappointed, there's more to it than it meets the eye. I really don't think Rafa leaving is the key but Liverpool need to spend money on players; very unhappy camp.

Reality check? This is Liverpool we are talking about not Ipswich, Blackburn have improved in the last yr especially since was fired. But against Liverpool, Liverpool is EXPECTED to win... Simple as..
    So is Chelsea and they didn't just 3 days earlier and against a less experienced.

So is Chelsea and they didn't just 3 days earlier and against a less experienced.

And Utd were expected to beat Sunderland. And they didn't - it's what you do afterwards that shows your true colours. The Pool are great at moral victories.. beat Utd, win the scouser derby, but inevitably, grinding out results to raise the bar... nah.

noodler wrote: »

Jaysus you only see the bad side, Torres looks disinterested? That's total ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

In fairness Torres always looks disinterested bar when he is scoring , i think thats just his demeanour. I actually thought Dossena was our best player tonight - looked extremely comfortable & on the ball & distributed it well which considering it was his 1st start of the season was quite impressive. Kuyt can no longer be considered a striker - he looked clueless up front constantly getting caught offside + he has the 1st touch of a crane , Benayoun had a shocking 1st half - gave the ball away constantly but made up for it with his goal. Masch & Agger both played well & i think Gerrard is slowly getting back to his old self though he still looks a bit rusty.

And Utd were expected to beat Sunderland. And they didn't - it's what you do afterwards that shows your true colours. The Pool are great at moral victories.. beat Utd, win the scouser derby, but inevitably, grinding out results to raise the bar... nah.
    Which brings us back to the fact that this was a nothing match. Their next couple of Premier League results is what one should look to base their response to a draw at Blackburn.

scything
    Despite disappointed with losing to a last minute goal for the third time in the competition, Gerrard insists a big positive on the night was the performance of the Reds' Italian midfielder.

"He did well tonight," said Gerrard. "It's going to take him some time to get up to speed in terms of match fitness but the boy's a player, there's no doubt about that.

"He can see a pass, he's on the same wavelength and he will turn into a fantastic player for this club."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mike65 wrote: »
    I wouldn't expect a fair shake from Boggles somehow!

A fair shake of what? :confused:

The club is falling apart from the inside out, what the fook do you want from me a hug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

A fair shake of what? :confused:

The club is falling apart from the inside out, what the fook do you want from me a hug?
    No but you cant using the word "Fook" and take off your baggy top!

• Advertisement
Advertisement