Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster for gig abroad

• 09-12-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Just wondering - can you go to a ticketmaster kiosk and buy tickets for gigs in other countries?? I know you can buy online and then collect (in what appears to always be some random shop in Hamburg, Germany regardless of what part of the Germany the gig actually is) but can you buy a physical ticket in a kiosk too??

Has anyone ever done this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I think you can only buy them online for foreign gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You can buy tickets online in Ireland for a concert in the US (so i presume its the same for other countries). You have to pick up tickets at "Will Call" and you must have your passport and credit card with you and the name on the passport must match the name on the tickets.

My dad recently got a friend who works in Ticketmaster to buy tickets for Bruce Springsteen in NYC but his friend bought them under his own name not my Dad's. I told my Dad that they'd only let his friend pick em up so my dad's friend gave him a letter on Ticketmaster headed paper and his credit card to help him when he tried to pick them up. They were v reluctant to give them to him, he tried "i came all the way from Ireland to see this concert" and they took a photocopy of his passport before they eventually gave them to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

Thanks for that. I'm just worried about the store collection cos it's kinda vague on ticketmaster. The show is in Koln but under the store collection option it says...
    Collecting "only" in our store: Kartenhaus, Schanzenstrasse 5, 20357 Hamburg (Öffnungszeiten: Monday to Friday. 10:00 to 19:00 and Saturday 10:00 to 16:00). You will receive an email from our store as soon as your tickets are available for collection. Please wait for this email before coming to collect your tickets. Don´t forget: bring your order number and identity card with you!

But Hamburg is nowhere near Koln... And it gives the same blurb for store collection no matter which city you select in Germany.

Think I might just call ticketmaster to be sure...

Edit: Oh, and I'm hoping to get the actual physical tickets as these would be a present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sloburnt

Thanks for that. I'm just worried about the store collection cos it's kinda vague on ticketmaster. The show is in Koln but under the store collection option it says...

But Hamburg is nowhere near Koln... And it gives the same blurb for store collection no matter which city you select in Germany.

Think I might just call ticketmaster to be sure...

Edit: Oh, and I'm hoping to get the actual physical tickets as these would be a present.

I've got the same question ^

Did it work out to pick up at a local Koln TM location? Or if anybody else knows, muchly appreciated. Going to a show at the Live Music Hall, not sure if they would possibly have the tix at their will-call either or if there's a TM location near.

I ended up just going for the postal option - cost me a tenner.

I called ticketmaster helpline twice, speaking to a different agent each time to be sure and neither instilled much confidence. They really only cater for Irish and UK gigs and didn't really have a clue about foreign gigs and weren't sure about pickup abroad. So I didn't take the chance and bought online on ticketmaster and selected international postage for a tenner and the tickets arrived fine.

That's my own personal experience anyway.

• Advertisement

I ended up just going for the postal option - cost me a tenner.

I called ticketmaster helpline twice, speaking to a different agent each time to be sure and neither instilled much confidence. They really only cater for Irish and UK gigs and didn't really have a clue about foreign gigs and weren't sure about pickup abroad. So I didn't take the chance and bought online on ticketmaster and selected international postage for a tenner and the tickets arrived fine.

That's my own personal experience anyway.

Thanks for the reply bro ;)

I kinda jumped the gun and went for store pickup, thinking it would be like any other country where you could just pick the tix up at willcall at the show or local TM. Now I feel a bit foolish. I'd hate to make my way there & find out otherwise. I've got to know for certain - Wonder if I called, if they would change the order for + $10.. Hmm..

U have a # you used to call, and did they speak English?

sloburnt wrote: »
    U have a # you used to call, and did they speak English?

I just called the Irish number - 0818 903001. But when I asked them about pickup abroad they didn't seem to know.

Maybe if you try calling and asking you might get lucky and get someone that knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭sabrewulf

The good news about Germany: 99% of the Germans younger than 50 years speak English, so feel free to call German Ticketmaster lines and approach them English.
    Further, Ticketmaster is only number 2 in Germany, way bigger is "Eventim", and their site can be switched to English too:
    http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tickets.html?affiliate=evg

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

I bought tickets on US TM once but I had them sent to my parents place. If there's a print off your tickets option, you could use that and you won't have to worry about having them sent anywhere.

thanks muchly for the replies guys - was able to contact thru email and throw that extra 10 in for a mailout ;) :cool:

was super suprised by the immediate response & with ease of my inquiry to TM. Now I can relax when it actually shows up in the mail :pac:

Btw, I may as well mention the show I'm going to see.. it's Garcia Plays Kyuss. If anyone's familiar with Kyuss [Josh from Queens of the Stone Age], the singer John is doing a one-time only tour in Europe for a few weeks in the end of May/June. Been waiting half my life to catch anything even close to this & this could very well be it as they're unlikely to ever reunite. Anyway..

Now, just to figure out how to travel, use the train & hit up Hostels & kill off a week on foot in unchartered territories.. 1st time travelling to Europe. Hitting up Am'dam before Koln :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement