Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing oak plank for use a window board/sill - in Dublin area?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I'd like to buy a large plank of (white, preferably) oak, about 2m x 30cm for use as a window board.

Anyone know of suppliers of quality wood in the Dublin area? South Dublin if possible.

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭10-10-20

There is a place up past the Scouts campsite in Larch Hill. It's called the 'treasure-trove' or something. I asked about oak there and they said that they do not stock it, but could get it in if I specified the type.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭bauderline

Just a guess.... woodworkers.ie ?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

the carpentry store. Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the replies.

Someone also mentioned Gerry Farrell Joinery. They used to be in Inchicore, but are now in Tibraddin, apparently. I have used them in the past and found them excellent. However, I can't find a number for them. Anyone got one? Googling only gives the old number.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement