Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Registration

Options
  • 09-12-2009 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anybody tell me if you need to make an appointment to register a birth or do you just turn up? And if you just turn up is there a good time to go?
    I would registering in Lombard Street just beside Pearse St. train station.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You should get a letter saying to go register the birth as the details have been forwarded on from the hosiptal and then you turn up with the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 junior joo

I went to the same place. Not sure about a good time but lunch is a bad time to go. Less staff on duty and quite a few people waiting = a fairly long wait. Maybe best trying to go when they open in the morning ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Definitely not lunch time. I queued there for nearly two hours for the same thing last year.

Someone told me before to avoid dole days as well. Not sure if there is a separate office or whether they share the same building or what.

<OT>
    While I was in there I told them my wife was still using her maiden name - mostly out of not having bothered to change the paperwork. They offered to change her name in the system for me right there and then! That would have been a fun conversation when I got home... "Honey I changed your name today!" :D
    </OT>

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Superdaddy

Dades wrote: »

<OT>
    While I was in there I told them my wife was still using her maiden name - mostly out of not having bothered to change the paperwork. They offered to change her name in the system for me right there and then! That would have been a fun conversation when I got home... "Honey I changed your name today!" :D
    </OT>

LOL:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Mrs Trev M went in around 11 on a wednesday i think, armed with a jug of coffee and a big book , went in took ten minutes she said... perhaps lucky but maybe wednesday is the day to go?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

1st thing in the morning worked fine for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

As others have said first thing in morning. Any time after 11ish and you'll be in trouble, any time after lunch and you'll be in worse trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

big syke wrote: »
    As others have said first thing in morning. Any time after 11ish and you'll be in trouble, any time after lunch and you'll be in worse trouble.

What time does it open at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Congrats Tim :)

It's open from 9:30 to 16:30 - Mon-Fri

Advertisement