Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a real Christmas Tree in KK?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there!!

I would like to buy a christmas tree today...or at least this weekend...I don't know where to go...any sugesstions?
    Where do You get your real trees from?

Happy Christmas!!

M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

SOS on the Callan road
    The Garden Centre at the Dublin Road roundabout
    Hennessy's Garden Centre out the Dublin Road

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

High Bank farm on the callan road just past cuffesgrange on the left as you go towards callan do really nice trees. You get on a "christmas tree train" and then pick your tree from the wood and they cut it down for you. Real festive experience and the kids love it. the trees are a little dearer than elsewhere but they are fresh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Definitely head out to High Bank Farm. It's a helluva place.

They also grow apples for Bulmers so it's the best of your summer and the best of your winter all in one handy place. Obviously at different times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

quxuik wrote: »
    Hi there!!

I would like to buy a christmas tree today...or at least this weekend...I don't know where to go...any sugesstions?
    Where do You get your real trees from?

Happy Christmas!!

M.

The Car wash right across from MacDonagh train station [and directly across from the old AIB] are selling fresh Christmas trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The Car wash right across from MacDonagh train station [and directly across from the old AIB] are selling fresh Christmas trees.

This is where I eventually purchased mine from on sunday. Mind you, I think I secured the last decent sized one left in the place. I guess that's what I get for leaving it reasonably late to buy one.

Went to the following places too;

Woodies - Had about 10 trees, all of them were pathetic.

Hennessy's - 20/30 Trees, all of very poor quality.

Garden Centre - Dublin Rd - Hundreds of trees....most of them abysmal quality wise.

S.O.S - Bloke selling them actually apologized for the quality of the few he had left. They were appalling. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

This is where I eventually purchased mine from on sunday. Mind you, I think I secured the last decent sized one left in the place. I guess that's what I get for leaving it reasonably late to buy one.

Went to the following places too;

Woodies - Had about 10 trees, all of them were pathetic.

Hennessy's - 20/30 Trees, all of very poor quality.

Garden Centre - Dublin Rd - Hundreds of trees....most of them abysmal quality wise.

S.O.S - Bloke selling them actually apologized for the quality of the few he had left. They were appalling. :)

I'm glad you got one. You really have to buy one the minute they roll them out to get a good looking one I always preferred a plastic one myself [the ones that look like real trees not the gaudy colored ones] no headache in trying to find a good one and its reusable next year.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

This year trees were in very short supply so growers sent out poor trees that wouldn't make the grade in a normal year to make up the numbers.
    Anything that was decent sold out quickly because, well, it was decent and scarce!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

You could always do your bit to help combat tree overcrowding in Coillte forests.

At night, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

fabbydabby wrote: »
    You could always do your bit to help combat tree overcrowding in Coillte forests.

At night, obviously.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Hi there, I see a sign on ring road for all christmas trees priced €25..does anyone know where this is or what the trees are like? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Hi there, I see a sign on ring road for all christmas trees priced €25..does anyone know where this is or what the trees are like? thanks

Would that be Phelan's farm, out the New Orchard Rd? Didn't see the sign myself but I heard they're selling them there for €25

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

phkk wrote: »
    Would that be Phelan's farm, out the New Orchard Rd? Didn't see the sign myself but I heard they're selling them there for €25

Thanks a mil, yes its at roundabout that goes down to new orchard, I'd thats it, will have a look anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Thanks a mil, yes its at roundabout that goes down to new orchard, I'd thats it, will have a look anyway.

Was out there on Friday, very poor trees but I suppose at €25 you get what you pay for.

Advertisement