Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baldy Man Run, Tramore - December??

• 09-12-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is going to be a run over Christmas this year? Never did it before, but I would be interested in having something to keep me motivated over the holidays. I can't find anything online, but maybe someone here might have heard something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 deisefan

Baldyman Run is on Dec 27th at time to be confirmed. (either 11am or 12 depending on the tide) €15 entry fee. Money raised going to local charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

deisefan wrote: »
    Baldyman Run is on Dec 27th at time to be confirmed. (either 11am or 12 depending on the tide) €15 entry fee. Money raised going to local charity.

Ah that's great, thanks a mill deisefan :D What is the exact route do you know? Is it down the beach and up the back strand, or up and down the back strand? And how far is it? Sorry for the all the questions :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭vegas elvis

Hi rubyk

It starts outside mistys diner & goes down the beach, round the back strand and finishes on the prom.

Its about 5.5 miles according to last years results but feels waaaay longer once the roses, turkey, booze etc. start sloshing around. The turnaround is a killer - you really start sinking into the sand there.

Elvis

Hi rubyk

It starts outside mistys diner & goes down the beach, round the back strand and finishes on the prom.

Its about 5.5 miles according to last years results but feels waaaay longer once the roses, turkey, booze etc. start sloshing around. The turnaround is a killer - you really start sinking into the sand there.

Elvis

Thanks for that Elvis!

Yep, I'm more worried about the turkey, stuffing, pudding, wine (the cook is allowed through a lotta wine, what with being stuck in that hot kitchen for hours ;)), from the previous couple of days, than the distance.

I ran the beach for most of the summer, that bit opposite brownstown is a real killer, the sand is sooo soft. I also managed to get caught with the tide one morning, which wasn't fun! Learnt my lesson that day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭RunHomerRun

I can't make the Waterford half marathon tomorrow - so I am thinking of running this instead...

I presume you can register on the the day?

Last year - big crowds?
    Fun atmosphere?
    I'm hoping just to enjoy a nice run on the beach, with a fun crowd, not be surrounded by elite athletes and blowing blood vessels in my head trying to not be last home....

• Advertisement

Yep, registration is on the day in the Majestic Hotel. There were 240 runners last year, according to a local paper.

Good stuff - thanks RubyK. You planning on running it yourself?

Big dinner Christmas day, same again St. Stephen's day - then run on the beach on 27th - a small bit mad methinks :D

I sure am RunHomerRun!

It's going to be one hell of a challenge, what with the Christmas feasts I'll be consuming the days before it! I'll probably need the rescue helicopter to pull me out of the sand :o:D

RubyK - did you run this on Sunday??

Cold but perfect day.
    Tough going in the soft sand, but overall really really enjoyed it.

Running along the beach with approx 260 others, water lapping along the shore, sun glistening off the waves - felt like a slow version of Chariots of Fire....:D

Happy with my time, and delighted to have done any exercise after 4-5 full days of crazy eating....

I did indeed RunHomerRun - the day was perfect, but unfortunately my head wasn't! Felt awful, with a headcold, and although I'm glad I did it, I found it a real struggle. If I had been 100% I would have enjoyed it! The sand was a killer at the backstrand.

Well done, delighted you had a great run!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

hi lads i did the baldy man run on sunday aswell, and yes it was tough but i enjoyed it and was glad i done it any results posted up yet ?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭sean_84

Advertisement