Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M50 Travel Query

• 09-12-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Im not sure if this is the right place for this query but hopefully someone will be able to give me a bit of advice. I am looking to book a 9:45 am flight from Dublin Airport on a Friday morning which means I need to arrive at the airport at about 8:30. I will be driving from Galway on the N6/M6. Given that this is rush hour I am not sure what time I should be aiming to arrive at the M50 junction at. My problem is that I dont know what the M50 northbound is like in the morning and also what kind of traffic I am likely to encounter around Lucan or the Liffey Valley Shopping Centre. Noramlly off peak the drive time from the Spa Hotel in Lucan to the airport would be around 20 or 25 minutes. What time should I allow for this journey between 7:30 and 8:30. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Hi Moycullen1, the lads over at Commuting & Transport would be able to give you more help on this. :)

Thread moved from Infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

BluntGuy wrote: »
    Hi Moycullen1, the lads over at Commuting & Transport would be able to give you more help on this. :)

Thread moved from Infrastructure.

Thanks BluntGuy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

I think you might be leaving it a little tight arriving at 830, are you parking long-term or short-term? which gate or area are you likely to be flying from as this can add significantly to the time?
    if I were you I'd be aiming for being in the airport for 8 just to be on the safe side.
    i've no experience of the m50 at that hour though sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

From the spa to the airport, i would say you would do it in 40mins or even a little quicker. Best way would be to leave the M50N at the junction 4 ballymun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Davy wrote: »
    From the spa to the airport, i would say you would do it in 40mins or even a little quicker. Best way would be to leave the M50N at the junction 4 ballymun.

+1

That said an accident on the M50, or a very busy Ballymun/Naul exit could easily add another 20mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Moycullen, I'd strongly advise that you make arrangements to be at the airport by 8am, just in case it's busy out there.
    At that time, you'll be hitting the M50 by 7.30 and should have no bother getting to the airport before 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Thanks Folks. I have an idea now what to expect.

Advertisement