If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos S5

• 09-12-2009 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

I'm thinking about one of these bad boys, but I don't know too much about them.
    Do they have to be connected to a router, or is that just for tinternet based stuff? I'm between houses at the minute, and don't have broadband!:o
    Can they be used as a standalone "sounddock" ie. just connect the iphone with a 3.5, and away I go?
    If I want to stream music from my itunes library, will I have to get one of those Zonebridge things (sorry, I'm new to the world of Sonos!)?

With all the above asked/answered, I'm wondering if you could give me a price for the new Sonos S5, inc. shipping to Cork?

I was gonna maybe get a Bose Sounddock things, but I figure the Sonos would be a more "user friendly" unit, even though it probably doesn't sound as good as the Bose.

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,906 ✭✭✭Soarer

?????

• Company Representative Posts: 9,469 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

I'm thinking about one of these bad boys, but I don't know too much about them.
    Do they have to be connected to a router, or is that just for tinternet based stuff? I'm between houses at the minute, and don't have broadband!:o
    Can they be used as a standalone "sounddock" ie. just connect the iphone with a 3.5, and away I go?
    If I want to stream music from my itunes library, will I have to get one of those Zonebridge things (sorry, I'm new to the world of Sonos!)?

With all the above asked/answered, I'm wondering if you could give me a price for the new Sonos S5, inc. shipping to Cork?

I was gonna maybe get a Bose Sounddock things, but I figure the Sonos would be a more "user friendly" unit, even though it probably doesn't sound as good as the Bose.

Thanks.

Soarer,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you - I am up to my ears at the moment - but I'm trying to get all my replies done by last thing tonight latest so apologies again.

The S5 is a great unit and can operate completely wirelessly or via ethernet conncetion - we have just had our 1st few in and they have flown out ( I did not even get a chance to play with it!) If you have your music on an Itouch or Iphone you can stream completely wirelessly from the Apple - if you are connecting to your PC you can either conect via ethernet or wireless and just download the app and you can use the Iphone as a controller - of course to access web radio or any external sources you will need to get your broadband up and running however in the interm it should operate to just stream music already on your network with just your router/hub wifi enabled.

We are currently selling the S5 at £339.95 and shipping to The Peoples Republic would be £11.99 a total of £351.94.

We will have the S5 back in stock tomorrow so if you would like us to reserve one for you - just drop me a line and I'll get one of the guys to look after you.

Thanks and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the reply John.

It does seem like a great unit in all fairess. And even reading reviews of it, the sound is supposed to surpass pretty much all stand alone ipod docking stations.

I'll say it to HID later and see what she thinks. £350 might be a bit on the rich side for her since (apparently) there's a recession on.
    But we'll see what she says.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply John.

It does seem like a great unit in all fairess. And even reading reviews of it, the sound is supposed to surpass pretty much all stand alone ipod docking stations.

I'll say it to HID later and see what she thinks. £350 might be a bit on the rich side for her since (apparently) there's a recession on.
    But we'll see what she says.

Thanks again.

Soarer,

thanks for the reply and yep it does blow away all thestand alone docks AND it does so much more as well - the wireless connectivity to the iPhone and the iPhone control are great selling features as well and of course the complete clincher for the chief executive has to be - no wires - that always sells it....

anyway keep me posted and we will do our best to assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Morning again John.

If a chap was to pay in Euro, what does the price work out at?

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Morning again John.

If a chap was to pay in Euro, what does the price work out at?

Thanks.

Soarer,

have you been sweet talking the purse string holder??

€389.99 - drop heavy hints that you don't expect anyone to be that generous with their Christmas pressies to you - then go all misty eyed and turn away (probably won't work but it's worth a try...:cool:)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Afternoon again John/Kenny/Ash.

I've herself pretty much convinced that our lives would be complete with the S5, so I should be ordering within the next day or two! :D

But just to sweeten the deal, what would your absolute best price on the S5 and a Humax Foxsat-hdr (320gb), delivered to Cork? Don't forget there's a recession on at the minute, it's Christmas time, the kids need new shoes, etc.;)

Thanks guys.

Couldn't afford to wait any longer for a reply, what wit nearly being Christmas week, so I've ordered elsewhere.:(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.