Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy candied orange peel in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,

I need candied orange peel for a recipe and can't find it in my large local Tesco or in a health food shop (I know, the word 'candied' should have tipped me off that I was on a loser there :))

Does anyone know where I can get some? Preferably in Dublin city centre, Dun Laoghaire, Ranelagh or Rathmines.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Most large supermarkets will stock it. It is usually to be found in the baking goods section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

Superquinn in Blackrock often have it - but haven't been there lately to confirm.

You could also try try Cakebox in Dun Laoire: give them a ring in advance - www.cakebox.ie - they are always very helpful.

Or Kitchen Complements on Chatham St off grafton st http://www.kitchencomplements.ie/

Or has anyone been in the Irish Yeast Company? What do they sell other than cakeboards?

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

the shop part of Fallon and Byrne would definatly have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

You can make it yourself, it's just orange peel, water and sugar. There's a recipe here. If you've any left over from your recipe, you can also roll them in caster sugar, or coat them in dark chocolate to make "orangettes", as a snack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I jst posted a new thread on how to make mixed peel and was a bit worried when I saw this one. This is different to what I had posted, though.

Thanks for the link, Magic Monkey.

• Advertisement
Advertisement