Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Peter King's All-Decade Team

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yes.

EE - pinning wins and losses on a QB is ridiculous. I'm surprised that such a regular poster on the AF forum understands so little about football :( Seriously, dude.

And, while we're being serious, please stop clogging up threads with multiple pages of Manning v Brady rhetoric. There is more to football than those two players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

jdivision wrote: »
    Curtis Martin and edge were fairly special, Ricky Watters was too but walked away too early in the noughties. The Bus provided some magic at times and Priest was spectacularly efficient

Good call about Curtis. He is kinda like Faulk in that his best work spanned the end half of one decade into the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭_Buck Rogers

Can we have one thread that doesn't turn into a Brady V Manning thread or Pats V Colts thread please? Im a Pats fan and think the world of Brady but I let him do the talking on the field rather than me arguing about his abilities. I have the greatest respect for both QBs and besides every body has their own opinion to a team of the decade hence Peter Kings opinion that started this thread.

The Peterson/LT debate is much better than Brady/Manning at this stage. LT would clearly be in my team of the decade. Peterson hasn't been around long enough to warrant it. Although in 10 years time he clearly will be in the team of the decade.

Or will johnson bet him to it:D.

LT easily in my opinion. AP wouldn't even be a second choice for me!

There is very little that I disagree with in kings team of the decade. In certain positions there is just a cluster of equally talented and deserving players that you could have a list as long as your arm of who else could be there, such as Defensive END, WR etc.

Ward would be the only player on that list that I'd say doesn't deserve to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

If I went back to the 1st of January and I was asked who do I want as my running back or whatever knowing what each would do in the decade it would have to be LT. But tbh, I was more of a Faulk fan cos he also did serious damage from passes and played in and was effective in a passing offence, the Greatest show on turf. But the fact that he spanned between two decades limits him. For that reason I think the all decade concept is unfair on certain players but it is what it is I suppose so LT has to be the pick!

I still think TO deserves a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

themont85 wrote: »
    I still think TO deserves a shout.

We all know his abilities but the problem is his numbers don't add up. He wasn't magnificent at the Cowboys and definitely hasn't done anything at the Bills. This will stop him getting into any team of the decade. At the Cowboys they threw to him either way too much it made it looked like he dropped everything and then Romo found Witten as the other better option.

Advertisement