Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magilton suspended by QPR

• 09-12-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

QPR have suspended manager Jim Magilton following an incident after Monday's defeat by Watford at Vicarage Road.
    Magiltonspacer.gif is reported to have been involved in an angry bust-up with Akos Buzsakyspacer.gif following the 3-1 defeat at the home of the Hornets.
    Patrick Agyemangspacer.gif is believed to have stepped in to calm the situation before Buzsaky, who came on as a late substitute, left the dressing room in the wake of the confrontation.

The former Ipswich boss, who only took charge of the Loftus Road outfit in the summer, has now been told to stay away from the club while an investigation is carried out.

"The club can confirm that manager Jim Magilton has been suspended with immediate effect, pending an internal investigation," a statement on the club's official website read.

"The suspension relates to an incident which occurred at Monday's Championship fixture against Watford at Vicarage Road."
    Buzsaky would not be drawn on claims that he had been headbutted by the Rs boss and was not keen to discuss the matter.
    Backing

He told skysports.com: "I can't confirm it. I don't want to comment the case until there's an official announcement from the club."
    Sky Sports News sources understand that assistant manager John Gorman and reserve team boss Keith Ryan are backing Magilton.
    It is believed that the duo will not return to work at Loftus Road unless Magilton is reinstated by the club.

Monday's reverse at the hands of Watford came hot on the heels of Saturday's humiliating 5-1 home hammering at the hands of Middlesbrough.
    The Rs have claimed just one point from their last four Championship matches and have slipped to 12th in the table as a result, three points outside the play-off picture.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11711_5760740,00.html

Reports the assistant manager is refusing to work until Magiltion is reinstated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I read on teletext that your man Buzsaky ended up hiding in the toilet :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

SSN - Buzsaky has now put in a transfer request!

This cant be good.

Reports Magilton headbutted him semingly !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I read on teletext that your man Buzsaky ended up hiding in the toilet :pac:

I read that as well. Suppose it's the best place to be when you're bricking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

redout wrote: »

This cant be good.

Sure the reports said the same thing about Pulis and Beattie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

redout wrote: »

This cant be good.

He Tony Pulis'd his ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

QPR are denying that Buzsaky has handed in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

There must be something in the air at clubs these days.
    Tony Pulis apologised to his players on Monday for the violent outburst that has pushed James Beattie towards the exit door at Stoke City.

The club have launched an internal investigation after Sportsmail’s revelations that Pulis and Beattie came to blows in the wake of Saturday’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal because of a row about the players' Christmas party.

But Pulis, who, it is understood, was naked when he attempted to butt the 31-year-old former England striker, called his players together before training yesterday and said sorry for his conduct.

eattie is now also thought to have apologised to Pulis and the player will be considered for the squad to face Wigan on Saturday.

Pulis and Beattie argued after the Stoke manager told his players they were expected to report for training on Monday.

Beattie responded by reminding Pulis that he had told them they could extend their Christmas party — in London on Saturday night — into a two-night affair and report back for training a day later.

But when Beattie highlighted what he considered to be a breach of their agreement and a harsh reaction to the defeat at the Emirates, Pulis exploded in a fit of rage.

As he was emerging from the showers in the dressing room he lunged towards Beattie, with the players astonished both by the violence and the fact that the towel he was wearing had fallen to the floor.

Acknowledging that Beattie’s comments did not warrant such a reaction, Pulis apologised to the whole squad — although not for cutting short their festive celebrations — before overseeing what was described last night as an excellent training session.

Pulis and Beattie also had words — Beattie reported for training but, because of a knee injury he has been nursing this season, went to the gym for a work-out — and, while a truce has been called, it is unlikely to result in the former Everton forward staying at The Britannia Stadium beyond the January transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JPA wrote: »

I'll tell you whats in the air these days, players are over paid nancy boys. If anyone dares to even raise their voice to a player anymore they go running to get their agent to sort out the big bad man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Stekelly wrote: »
    I'll tell you whats in the air these days, players are over paid nancy boys. If anyone dares to even raise their voice to a player anymore they go running to get their agent to sort out the big bad man.

I was just trying to inject some homo-eroticism to the Soccer forum. :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Stekelly wrote: »
    There's a difference between shouting and attacking. If your manager jumped on you/headbutted you , would you not complain?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

To be fair, QPR is mental anyways. The manager generally doesn't know what players are coming in with the owners using it as their play thing - and then if the manager doesn't play those players, then they're shown the door. That's the reason Paulo Sousa was sacked.

As for the physical confrontation part, I remember reading both Stuart Pearce and Roy Keane's books where Brian Clough nutted both of them on different occassions for defying them. They were big boys and got on with it. But football has moved on since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I bet he was wearing a baseball cap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There's a difference between shouting and attacking. If your manager jumped on you/headbutted you , would you not complain?

I doubt he just walked in and nutted him (if he even did headbutt him) . I'd say it was a verbal arguement that escalated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Surprising that Magilton wasn't playing Buzsaky in the first place to be honest, always found him one of their better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was just trying to inject some homo-eroticism to the Soccer forum. :pac:

A bit of careful editing and it comes across as very homo-erotic. :D
    The club have launched an internal investigation after Sportsmail’s revelations that Pulis and Beattie came to blows...

Pulis...it is understood, was naked when he attempted to butt the 31-year-old former England striker...

Beattie responded by reminding Pulis that he had told them they could extend their Christmas party — in London on Saturday night — into a two-night affair...

As he was emerging from the showers in the dressing room he lunged towards Beattie, with the players astonished both by the violence and the fact that the towel he was wearing had fallen to the floor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Qpr, more drama than Eastenders. Dont know what to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Qpr, more drama than Eastenders Harchester United. Dont know what to think.
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Long suffering QPR supporter here. There have been six managers since Holloway went early in 2006 (8 if you include caretakers Harford and Ainsworth). Dowie, Sousa and now, probably, Magilton have hardly made it to 30 games apiece.

The club is rightly messed up and it doesn't matter a toss how many gazillions the joint owners have when they meddle in matters they clearly haven't a clue about.

Now there are rumours of Southgate taking over. :eek: Help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ollaetta wrote: »

boro would welcome him back now id would say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

ollaetta wrote: »
    Long suffering QPR supporter here. There have been six managers since Holloway went early in 2006 (8 if you include caretakers Harford and Ainsworth). Dowie, Sousa and now, probably, Magilton have hardly made it to 30 games apiece.

The club is rightly messed up and it doesn't matter a toss how many gazillions the joint owners have when they meddle in matters they clearly haven't a clue about.

Have to agree we've gone through Ian Holloway, John Gregory, Luigi Di Canio, Paulo Sousa, two care taker spells for Gareth Ainsworth and now Jim Magilton.

Some of the rumours about possible replacements include, Darren Ferguson, Alan Curbishley, Gareth Southgate, Steve Coppell. I suppose they will name any out of work manager to sell papers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement