Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temorary signage in Mungret

Options
  • 09-12-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

I have been passing Little Treasures on the Mungret Road now for several years.
    It is housed in a restored Church at the entrance to Mungret College but they erected 2 big ugly board signs outside by tacking them onto the trees. I originally thought that they would be replaced by something a little more tasteful and less garish but alas they still remain two years later.
    They have now erected a third and even more garish sign advertising Free Pre-school places.
    Considering a school in Trim had to repaint their colourful railings from rainbow to black (bad decision BTW) because it was a listed building surely something can be done to get these ugly hoardings removed?
    I've looked on the County website but can't see either A) planning permission (temporary or otherwise) for these signs, or B) where to make a complaint.

Normally I ignore these things and concentrate on the positive side of life but this gets me down every time I pass. With the addition of the third sign I think they have taken things too far.

What can be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 lyencoli

if the dimensions are below a particular dimension, no planning permission is required. i think 2 feet by three feet is the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

lyencoli wrote: »
    if the dimensions are below a particular dimension, no planning permission is required. i think 2 feet by three feet is the limit.

These are at least twice that size!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Surely tacking them to a tree is not allowed.

BTW, head down to St Johns Square to see the guys selling Christmas tree's. Their sign is tied around one of the original massive trees in the footpath saying "Tree's for Sale". I really want to say "I'll take that one so".

Advertisement