Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

• 09-12-2009 2:22pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, technically I should have posted this yesterday, but 24 hours isn't too much of a delay :)

The Clearasil and Hormones forum is one year old now, having been approved and founded on the 8th of December 2008.
    The process involved in getting it set up can be seen here: "Approved"
    As you can see, it took us almost 9 months to have our wish granted, with The Dazzler, KnifeWRENCH, JC_2K3 and other such notable individuals championing the cause.

12 months on, we're still going strong. There's a huge variety in the topics of discussion (so much so that they often end up over-lapping into a load of threads where they don't belong! ;) ) and easily one of the most positive atmospheres of any forum on the site. Our user-base is, as was expected, not confined solely to teenagers and "kids", and even I'm still hanging around here some months after turning 21.

What does this all mean? Who knows. Maybe a lot, maybe very little. Whatever the case, Happy Birthday forum, and I hope everyone who lurks, reads and posts here continues to get something out of it. Long may it continue! :)

(I'll keep this thread stickied for a few days, and anyone who wishes to provide feedback can do so here. Keep all suggestions as appropriate as possible, and the usual rules apply)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Does this mean there's cake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Does this mean there's cake?

will your mam make us one?!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

w00t!!

207032915_00d4196185.jpg

A big thanks to everyone who's helped contribute to this forum over the past year and making it a big success. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

:D

If I'd known about this even a few days earlier I could have actually got her to make one... Oh well.

'Appy Birfday C+H :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Belated birthday wishes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Happy Birthday C&H! The people here are what make it work, so well done to all the regular posters here for making it one of my favourite forums on the site. :) Yes, even you Fad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Yeah, us 10 regulars really dress up the place. :D C&H is savage though.

EDIT: Wow, that approved thread really shows the pre-conceptions people have about teens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

C&H is defo one of my fave forums :D.. Happy Birthdayyy!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ah don't they grow up fast.
    Happy Birthday C&H. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

12 months on, we're still going strong. There's a huge variety in the topics of discussion (so much so that they often end up over-lapping into a load of threads where they don't belong! ;) ) and easily one of the most positive atmospheres of any forum on the site. Our user-base is, as was expected, not confined solely to teenagers and "kids", and even I'm still hanging around here some months after turning 21.

True that. This is why I love this forum, it's got such a good atmosphere. Really welcoming, and not too serious. It's nice and teenager-y :)

So happy birthday C+H! I want to keep my hormones and spots just for you :D

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Happy Birthday C&H! The people here are what make it work, so well done to all the regular posters here for making it one of my favourite forums on the site. :)Yes, even you Fad!

Really?!
    Let's not get carried away, like! :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

:):)

I was just reading that approving thing, it took ages to pass.

Happy Birthday Clearasil and Hormones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Reading that C&H proposal thread has made me question my teenager credentials, I haven't used C&H for text-speak, to discuss nail polish in all the colours of the rainbow or for bullying people. Loser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Reading through that proposal thread,and seeing some of the opposition expressed in it, I wanna say thanks to everyone who pushed for the approval of the forum. ;)

Happy bday C&H,here's to another couple of years at least :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Namlub wrote: »
    Reading that C&H proposal thread has made me question my teenager credentials, I haven't used C&H for text-speak, to discuss nail polish in all the colours of the rainbow or for bullying people. Loser.

Blu nail Polish is fkn awsum u retart LOLOL!!!!11!!one!eleven!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Omnomnom jailbait..

Jako8 wrote: »
    Blu nail Polish is fkn awsum u retart LOLOL!!!!11!!one!eleven!!
    omfg ur sum loser wtf lyk!1!

That's better.

omfg ur sum loser wtf lyk!1!

That's better.

:eek:
    Personal abuse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Wow,has it really been a year? I still remember posting in the first day this place opened.We actually talked about clearasil way back then.
    Happy Birthday C&H!!

And while we're plugging birthdays, everybody's 4th favourite C&H Mod is officially all grown up tomorrow! Today is my last day of being a moody, hormonal teenager. In 11 hours I'll be a moody, hormonal twenty year old. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And while we're plugging birthdays, everybody's 4th favourite C&H Mod is officially all grown up tomorrow! Today is my last day of being a moody, hormonal teenager. In 11 hours I'll be a moody, hormonal twenty year old. :(

You'll be entirely underwhelmed to find out that nothing really changes when you turn 20. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Can't believe how many people were against this forum!

Thanks for being teenagey about it and sulking until ye got your way, guys :pac:

EDIT:
    And while we're plugging birthdays, everybody's 4th favourite C&H Mod is officially all grown up tomorrow!

Until I checked, I had no idea that AlmightyCushion was a mod here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Until I checked, I had no idea that AlmightyCushion was a mod here.

AC is one of the Category Moderators over the whole Rec. board. You never know when he'll be watching...

<_<

>_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Happy Birthday C+H and Knife Wrench ::)

AC is one of the Category Moderators over the whole Rec. board. You never know when he'll be watching...

<_<

>_>

Boo-urns! I say we kick him out! Viva la revolucion and all that kind of thing...

I'm sorry Mr. Mod sir

Jay P wrote: »
    :eek:
    Personal abuse!

I'm just being down with the kids, don't hate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'm just being down with the kids, don't hate.
    And as of now, so is KW.How does it feel?,now that being round here is all pervy and mid-life crisis like of you.Your not angsty,now get out and give me your mod status.

Happy birthday dude.

I'm still younger than Insect Overlord! Leave me alone...
    *cries*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's probably the most wholesome use of "your mam" I have ever seen. Kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm still younger than Insect Overlord! Leave me alone...
    *cries*
    You'll catch up to him some day....

Advertisement