Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*twiddles thumbs*

So does anyone actually have any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

<3

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

/thread

A Neurotic wrote: »
    <3

Ghey. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think the moderators could be more... I don't know, vegetable like?

Seriously though? I don't see any issues with how the place is run at the moment. Perhaps one small thing is when 2 people have a very specific conversation for more than 8 posts, it kills a thread and is annoying to read. I'm not going to point one out, but it happens, and I feel that sort of thing should be in PM

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I think the moderators could be more... I don't know, vegetable like?

Seriously though? I don't see any issues with how the place is run at the moment. Perhaps one small thing is when 2 people have a very specific conversation for more than 8 posts, it kills a thread and is annoying to read. I'm not going to point one out, but it happens, and I feel that sort of thing should be in PM

That's something that's been brought up before. Thankfully I don't notice it happening too often but the mods are aware of this potential problem and will act on it if it gets out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

That's something that's been brought up before. Thankfully I don't notice it happening too often but the mods are aware of this potential problem and will act on it if it gets out of hand.
    Yeah, a simple "take it to PM" would suffice (even though I suspect I might be guilty of this once...but I don't recall an instance at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    I can't remember who it was to, but I've said before this place would be better with more small threads, there's 5 or 6 threads that are all that's being posted in at the moment.

Some new threads would be nice, it seems be the same few that are always on the first page and are posted in. They're good threads like, I'd just like a bit of variety.

Hop to it! :pac:

(And yes, I do realise I could start some myself, but I don't really have any ideas for any.....)
    I think we all have a "If it ain't broke don't fix it" attitude. There seems to be a perfect sync in C&H...the argghhhh, the yaaaaah, the moosik, the mid-way chat, the movies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I can't remember who it was to, but I've said before this place would be better with more small threads, there's 5 or 6 threads that are all that's being posted in at the moment.

I don't really mind that though, I like the fact I can pick up where a left off with a lot of the threads in C&H...

Well we had Feeky's first thread...it was magical...but SOMEBODY got rid of it... <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I always get so exited when somebody starts a new thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Jay P wrote: »
    I always get so exited when somebody starts a new thread!

And this was the moment phlegms decided he needed to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

More new threads :D.
    I was talking to a boardsie just there about a "know your teen thread". Ya know, to put faces to usernames and the likes.
    But then again, I was just thinking if the mods would want that in C&H, ya know..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

More new threads :D.
    I was talking to a boardsie just there about a "know your teen thread". Ya know, to put faces to usernames and the likes.
    But then again, I was just thinking if the mods would want that in C&H, ya know..

KnifeWRENCH and I discussed this idea a while back. Both of us were in favour of it, in theory, but it would have to be watched pretty closely. We'd also need posters to post sensibly and responsibly. I think that if such conditions could be met, such a thread would work. But it would need a much cooler nname than "know your teens" :cool:

KnifeWRENCH and I discussed this idea a while back. Both of us were in favour of it, in theory, but it would have to be watched pretty closely. We'd also need posters to post sensibly and responsibly. I think that if such conditions could be met, such a thread would work. But it would need a much cooler nname than "know your teens" :cool:

I didn't make up that name btw! :pac:
    well you're a great mod Poet.. you would watch it very close :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Yeah, I almost started a "Know Your Hormonal Moodbags" thread a while back before realising that maybe it would be frowned upon. I'd still have reservations about the idea...

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Yeah, I almost started a "Know Your Hormonal Moodbags" thread a while back before realising that maybe it would be frowned upon. I'd still have reservations about the idea...

I like that name (:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

KnifeWRENCH and I discussed this idea a while back. Both of us were in favour of it, in theory, but it would have to be watched pretty closely. We'd also need posters to post sensibly and responsibly. I think that if such conditions could be met, such a thread would work.

Can I ask what exactly makes you think it'd have to be watched more closely than the other "Know your *" threads?

I'd put up a photo of mise but one thing I love about boards is the anonymity. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I love this forum! It rocks! Its the only forum I frequent regularly!!! Best Forum Ever!

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'd put up a photo of mise but one thing I love about boards is the anonymity. :(

Well, I've preety much given away all my details in the Clare forum and I've probably done it here too and said my life story in the GAA forum.
    So I've got nothing to hide now :o.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Can I ask what exactly makes you think it'd have to be watched more closely than the other "Know your *" threads?

Common sense. The other "Know Your ______s" are in forums most regularly used by adults. This is a forum aimed primarily at teenagers. A bit of extra care and attention would be needed to make sure people are posting safely. I trust you don't need me to explain what I mean by that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

jumpguy wrote: »

+1 there...I love ye but I don't know how comfortable I would be if one of ye recognized me on the street. (Seeing as a lot of people who post in C&H live in Limerick this is altogether very possible.) The anonymity gives me freedom. I might change my mind on this after a while but for now that's how I feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

We could still do the "Know your X etc thread" if people would rather stay anonymous they could ignore the thread. I can completely understand their reservations though, I was reluctant to give up my own anonymity at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I posted a pic in the Know your Nerds thread and a couple of days later a girl in my class comes up to me and tells me she saw the picture :eek:

...and I thought Boards was my safe-haven from real-life :(

So, who's going to bite the bullet and start the thread..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I posted a pic in the Know your Nerds thread and a couple of days later a girl in my class comes up to me and tells me she saw the picture :eek:

...and I thought Boards was my safe-haven from real-life :(
    Why did you delete the pic??? Where Bobalicious93 pic should be

Advertisement