Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Feedback

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I guess I better come into this.

Blame me for the one direction bits at the beginning and the end. I don't care as long as deise or others aren't blamed. We just wanted to make our stamp on the awards... :/

Also 1D in the polls didn't alter the votes much coz like alot of peeps had won by a marginal difference and if they didn't, 1D didn't really have that much of an impact... If people are offended, apologies.
    And I always thought these awards for abit of fun :/ so ya.. I dunno what to say, they're supposed to be fun like and if people take these up seriously, I'm sorry if we didn't notice that coz we honestly didn't know that people take them up as seriously as we thought....

But IO, can I just say to your post, don't be so harsh. Deise a 15 year old girl took these awards up by herself, prepared polls, made a few lolin' mistakes along the way (stuck in a life with :D), wrote out percentages for each poll, was under so much stress (slow show and others would know) and wrote out out the intros for each award and everything ALL IN HER FREE TIME.
    She even had me and noel on msn 2 hours before the awards to try and make this the best ceremony she could make it!
    And it makes me quite sad and abit angry that people are very disappointed or didn't appreiciate the awards. Of course deise, noel, slow show, mods and others aren't looking for extreme praise and love and glory etc but like it being a disappointment to the forum kinda hurts y'know.. :/

deise, imo, the awards ceremony were brilliant and I'm really proud of it anyways :) well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Oh! I didn't say it in my original post but I do think that deise did an excellent job with the awards, as well as soccy, slow show, Noel etc! :)

But really, do 13.26% of you think that One Direction make a better mod that Piste or Ginja? :P The 8.57% "Simon Cowell" vote in the Creative Poster could actually have made a difference too.. Although, to be fair, those are the only ones that caught my eye so really it's only small, and it is a joke. I just can understand both sides to this, because I know exactly how well-received maths jokes have been in the past.. :pac:

Edit: I certainly don't think it's a disappointment to the forum. It was a lot of fun, and god knows there's been a lot of drama in this place without this being part of it. Now let's forget all our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I didn't have a problem with the one directions things, I just saw it as the atari jaguar type option. I highly doubt that everyone who voted in the polls were C&Hers. I'm sure there's a lot of people on boards who vote in polls for the sake of it, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where a lot of the 1 direction votes came from.

I don't think I said it before, but well done and thanks to deisemonster, slow show, noel and the mods for organising everything. I thought ye did a great job.

kateos2 wrote: »
    I didn't have a problem with the one directions things, I just saw it as the atari jaguar type option. I highly doubt that everyone who voted in the poles were C&Hers. I'm sure there's a lot of people on boards who vote in poles for the sake of it, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where a lot of the 1 direction votes came from.

This is actually a very good point! And there could also be C&Hers who were caught between choices and decided to vote for neither out of fairness to both of 'em. God knows. Sure 'twas a laugh anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

After all the drama llama situations in C&H for the past few months, the only thing that disappoints me is seeing the Jizzlers go the same way tbh. I think they were a really nice end to the year, as a way of acknowledging the awesome people here, but at the same time they shouldn't be taken very seriously. I can see how the OD thing might seem to some people, in the same way some of the maths jokes go right over my head, but deise (and everyone who helped her) put so much effort into the whole thing (and don't forget people nominated her to host in the first place) I couldn't criticise her for putting her own stamp on things, or any aspect of the jizzlers. If people felt things went overboard I'm sure she didn't do it intentionally. Idk, I just thought the night itself went really well, and I thought everyone else felt the same way :o
    /insert Mean Girls butterflies and rainbow cake quote here

• Advertisement

In fairness, Maxwell would totally have won Best beard. :pac:

^ Not even soccy can compete with that.

:( Sadly not!!!
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    But really, do 13.26% of you think that One Direction make a better mod that Piste or Ginja? :P The 8.57% "Simon Cowell" vote in the Creative Poster could actually have made a difference too.. Although, to be fair, those are the only ones that caught my eye so really it's only small, and it is a joke. I just can understand both sides to this, because I know exactly how well-received maths jokes have been in the past.. :pac:

Edit: I certainly don't think it's a disappointment to the forum. It was a lot of fun, and god knows there's been a lot of drama in this place without this being part of it. Now let's forget all our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice cream! :pac:

Mhm lets not!:P
    Tbf, I hope the likes of Piste and Ginja weren't insulted by the likes of that. soz guys! But like, isn't it people's choice who they vote for!? We put them in thinking "ah shur, abit of craic to the polls & it'll make this year rememberable :)!" and people voting for them obvs saw the awards as abit of craic too. So if they awards are just abit of fun, what's wrong with voting in a fun way too?

Bob did sucha good job last year that deise wanted to make this so cool. She stuck me on entertainment and even got AlmightyCushion and even gave out percentages! And omg, was Noel the funniest barman ever or what? I actually lol'd at loads of his replies in his thread :D

But yea, awards are next year again and there will probs be a new host and you can enjoy their style!!!

It's over now so like, why complain when you can embrace the good parts of it! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ah now, lets not start off 2011 on a bad note! I really enjoyed the Jizzlers, any AH poll has that Atari Jaguar thing and since no One Directioner actually won anything (losers :pac:) I don't think anyone can really complain!

We didn't expect soccy and deise to sit us down and talk philosophy now did we :p They were a bit of craic, not in the least disappointing and I think its a bit harsh to give out about someones hard work and effort when it was voluntarily.

(That has probably already been said but anyway!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I've moved the feedback-y stuff into here.

I'll say now I haven't read the last few posts in detail,I'll bulk this out later on when I've more time.

Basically, I took the x factor things as a joke [I assumed everyone else would] the jizzlers aren't exactly a serious thing so it's just a bit of a laugh.

if it was such a problem why is it only now being mentioned we've this thread [and pm inboxes] for a reason folks.

Also, what is with drama? it's the jizzlers, it's named after the legendary troll that was Jizzler,now lets not tarnish his memory by tainting these awards with an argument that doesn't really need to happen, it was meant as a joke if it was lost on some of you, that's life.Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill on this

-Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I missed the awards this year due to Internet connection problems.
    Having looked back over the threads, I'm actually not in the least disappointed.

We used to make a point of giving people with an interest in X-Factor a place to talk about it without making everyone else have to put up with it. The Jizzlers, however, were riddled with stupid references. Even the nomination polls had options to vote for people from that show. The fact that over-exposed TV character took votes away from actual C&H contributors in some categories got to me (probably more than it should have, but still).

I just couldn't take any of it seriously. Sorry guys and gals, but this is the first time, ever, in over two years using this forum, that I have been disappointed by C&H in general and not just by individuals or little groups.

That said, I've still updated the C&H Biki page with links for anyone who's interested.

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Board:Clearasil_%26_Hormones
    I took this all as a joke. I think you are taking the forum a bit too seriously if this bothers you that much. Topics rarely stay in their assigned thread anyway and the forum would seem too formal if they did(how often has talk about maths, music, sport, etc. spilt into yah/argh?). We chose deise_monster to host so 1D talk was to be expected. It would have been weird if it wasn't full of 1D references.

Well done, deise and soccy, for a great Jizzler ceremony.

Totally unrelated, respect for fixing up the biki. There is an awful lot of work in that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

But no-one complained about it at the time.
    if it was such a problem why is it only now being mentioned we've this thread [and pm inboxes] for a reason folks.

It's only being brought up now because I was without Internet access for three days, and trying to enjoy New Year's Eve yesterday.
    Noel2k9 wrote: »
    After all the hard work Deise put into the awards of her free time, I really don't think it's fair to criticize all of her work so harshly..

Noel, don't try to put words in my mouth. I did not "criticize all of her work", harshly or otherwise. I criticized the excessive references. The references were not a reflection on her work, which I actually wanted to applaud. She did a fantastic job with the polls, the threads and the awards. Turning all of that work into a celebration of X-Factor (instead putting all the focus into a celebration of C&H) was what bothered me.

None of these posts belong in this thread. I left feedback about the Jizzlers 2010. My post should have been left in thread in which I posted it. Moving the criticism into the feedback thread for the whole forum has turned it into a drama.

Anyway, it would appear that people in general are happy with everything. I'll stop spoiling your fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

It's only being brought up now because I was without Internet access for three days, and trying to enjoy New Year's Eve yesterday.

Noel, don't try to put words in my mouth. I did not "criticize all of her work", harshly or otherwise. I criticized the excessive references. The references were not a reflection on her work, which I actually wanted to applaud. She did a fantastic job with the polls, the threads and the awards. Turning all of that work into a celebration of X-Factor (instead putting all the focus into a celebration of C&H) was what bothered me.

None of these posts belong in this thread. I left feedback about the Jizzlers 2010. My post should have been left in thread in which I posted it. Moving the criticism into the feedback thread for the whole forum has turned it into a drama.

Anyway, it would appear that people in general are happy with everything. I'll stop spoiling your fun.

This is the feedback thread for feedback, you supplied feedback.. Fairly simple reason for the move of it. If you didn't want to cause a "drama" you shouldn't exactly have posted it. It was fairly obvious everyone was happy with what Deise had done with the awards, and it's still clearly evident.

Guys, this is kind of turning a bit OTT, isn't it?

Someone wasn't happy with something, they said their bit. Equally, others were unhappy with what they said, so those others got to say what they wanted too. Now it's just getting a bit sad - not every discussion we get into needs to turn into an argument. :( Can we all not just say our piece and be done with it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This is the feedback thread for feedback, you supplied feedback.. Fairly simple reason for the move of it.

No, Noel, the feedback thread is for forum-wide feedback. My post was a criticism of the Jizzlers, which is one event and should have no major implications on the long-term effectiveness of the whole forum.
    If you didn't want to cause a "drama" you shouldn't exactly have posted it.

I had no intention of causing a drama. Perhaps it's your relative inexperience, or perhaps you just don't understand the beneficial capabilities of criticism. It does not need to be taken as entirely negative. I had an opinion that I wanted to share, so I shared it.
    It was fairly obvious everyone was happy with what Deise had done with the awards, and it's still clearly evident.

Not quite! The vast majority were happy. Not "everyone". There is a difference. I know you want to stick up for your friends, which is grand. But, at least have the decency to respect my need to get something that was bothering me off my chest.

No, Noel, the feedback thread is for forum-wide feedback. My post was a criticism of the Jizzlers, which is one event and should have no major implications on the long-term effectiveness of the whole forum.

So if I had a problem with Yaaaah, I should post it there, yeah? Didn't know that, sorry.

I had no intention of causing a drama. Perhaps it's your relative inexperience, or perhaps you just don't understand the beneficial capabilities of criticism. It does not need to be taken as entirely negative. I had an opinion that I wanted to share, so I shared it.

How could it be taken as positive? :confused: Is it that Deise can now realise One Direction are not beneficial to anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

So if I had a problem with Yaaaah, I should post it there, yeah? Didn't know that, sorry.
    IO's post was in the Jizzlers Discussion thread. It makes perfect sense for him to voice criticism there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Yo dawg, I herd u liek over-reactions so I over-reacted to your over-reaction so you can over-react while you over-react.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

awkward-moment-demotivational-poster-1212966924.jpg

he he he

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

Why didn't anyone who didn't like the 1D atari jaguar things not tell deise when she was setting up the polls? :/ it's unfair as now people are like 'god, one direction' and pointing the finger at deise (which is unfair as i brought a tiny bit of 1D to the entertainment but we also got arcade fire to please all!) when we didn't even notice some people thought it was excessive..

Edit: LOL, does that even make sense gramatically? :P

I think it's time to abandon any hope of enjoying a coherent and productive debate here.

If anybody wants to chat, send me a PM.

Slán libh.

I think this guy should be C&H's mascot...

Drama_Llama-thumb-350x375-1437421.jpg

>.>

I would also like to suggest a new name for the jizzlers..

DramaLlamaAwards.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I still stand by 'The Erection Boscos' tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Guys, this is kind of turning a bit OTT, isn't it?

Someone wasn't happy with something, they said their bit. Equally, others were unhappy with what they said, so those others got to say what they wanted too. Now it's just getting a bit sad - not every discussion we get into needs to turn into an argument. :( Can we all not just say our piece and be done with it?

+ eleventy.

Everyone here is entitled to their opinion and I don't want anyone to get attacked here, whether you agree or disagree with them.

For the record, I was happy enough to leave the posts in the Jizzler Discussion thread but I don't think it makes that much of a difference, at the end of the day. Everyone can still have their say. Though I don't think there's a whole lot more to be said really.

Not everyone is going to agree on every little thing. But that's ok. Best thing for all concerned is to just move on from this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Tbh I would have voted for One Direction over me.

I don't really see the drama here...then again I didn't see that drama when other people kicked up a fuss over maths jokes or couples or something a few months back (Yes I do read the forum and keep an eye on things, even if I don't appear to be around much!). It's a virtual awards ceremony in a virtual environment, nobody should be taking it too seriously, it's only meant to be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Just wanted to throw back some feedback. I think Irish language topics are spilling over too much into the forum. Yes it's topical with a FIne Gael government who vowed to make it compulsory but we've had 3 in the last couple of weeks. Yes, they stimulated some conversation and debate but I just noticed a new one today, Gaeilge go deo's thread. Do we really need another when unknown's one on whether it should be compulsory for the LC ran in the forum for about 2 weeks one week beforehand? Poll is basically the same. Those who answered it should be compulsory will more than likely state a love of the language while those who answered no will probably hate the language. I think it is an unnecessary thread anyway and may take conversatin from the rest of the forum (Nothing against you gaeilge-go-deo, just my thoughts).

Agreed, the threads are pretty much the exact same! It's not as if this is the Irish language forum!

I agree, I've been keeping an eye on the latest thread and had planned to move it but I forgot to, I'll merge them now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Does anyone else get an ominous feeling when they notice there's a new post on this thread, or is it just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Does anyone else get an ominous feeling when they notice there's a new post on this thread, or is it just me?
    >_>

<_<

My first thought may have been "oh fcuk. What now" :P

• Advertisement

Rabble rabble rabble!!! :mad:

This forum isn't cliquey enough!

Rabble rabble!

:pac:

Advertisement