Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was shot dead last night?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Ballysimon Road at half 9, 3 women and a man detained. Victim was 25. Car found burnt out in Garryowen

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No names yet, but.......

Two teenage girls were being questioned by murder squad detectives today over the latest suspected gangland killing.

They were among four people – including a 38-year-old woman and 19-year-old man - arrested after the shooting at Cloughdromin in the Ballysimon area of Limerick city.

The 25-year-old victim was gunned down at about 9.30pm last night in an attack senior Garda sources are linking to ongoing gangland feuds in the city.

It is understood he was shot a number of times before being taken to the Mid Western Hospital.

Gardaí confirmed two of those arrested were girls under the age of 17.

One of them, and the 19-year-old man, is being held at Roxboro Garda station. The other two are being detained at Henry Street Garda station.

All four were arrested shortly before 11pm in the Roxboro area and are being questioned under section 50 of the Criminal Justice Act.

They can be detained for up to seven days.

The scene of the murder, on the main Tipperary road out of the city, remained sealed off for a technical examination by Garda forensic experts.

A pathologist from the State Pathologist’s Office is also expected to carry out tests today.

The victim is believed to have been the 22nd person to die in a gun crime this year.

Gun crime in Limerick has fallen by more than two-thirds since 2007.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

No names yet, but.......

Two teenage girls were being questioned by murder squad detectives today over the latest suspected gangland killing.

They were among four people – including a 38-year-old woman and 19-year-old man - arrested after the shooting at Cloughdromin in the Ballysimon area of Limerick city.
    The 25-year-old victim was gunned down at about 9.30pm last night in an attack senior Garda sources are linking to ongoing gangland feuds in the city.

It is understood he was shot a number of times before being taken to the Mid Western Hospital.

Gardaí confirmed two of those arrested were girls under the age of 17.

One of them, and the 19-year-old man, is being held at Roxboro Garda station. The other two are being detained at Henry Street Garda station.

All four were arrested shortly before 11pm in the Roxboro area and are being questioned under section 50 of the Criminal Justice Act.

They can be detained for up to seven days.

The scene of the murder, on the main Tipperary road out of the city, remained sealed off for a technical examination by Garda forensic experts.

A pathologist from the State Pathologist’s Office is also expected to carry out tests today.

The victim is believed to have been the 22nd person to die in a gun crime this year.

Gun crime in Limerick has fallen by more than two-thirds since 2007.

Correct me if I am wrong (and I might be!!) but didnt this happen at the turn off to caherconlish, a good 6 miles OUTSIDE the city?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭limerick79

Liam79 wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong (and I might be!!) but didnt this happen at the turn off to caherconlish, a good 6 miles OUTSIDE the city?!?!

what difference does it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Do Wan wrote: »
    Ballysimon Road at half 9, 3 women and a man detained. Victim was 25. Car found burnt out in Garryowen
    it was the tipperary road, not the ballysimon road. They're two different roads. Why people call one the other i'll never know! Also ballysimon is in the county, a good mile outside Limerick City. Yet its always lumped in with the city, confusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

limerick79 wrote: »
    what difference does it make?

It's NOT in the city - that's the difference. Not everything that happens here is concentrated in the city! It's just the media's way of sellling papers by putting inaccurate information out there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Do Wan

grenache wrote: »
    it was the tipperary road, not the ballysimon road. They're two different roads. Why people call one the other i'll never know! Also ballysimon is in the county, a good mile outside Limerick City. Yet its always lumped in with the city, confusing!
    yeah cos thats the main issue here icon_uhoh.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

they think teens did it
    Im shocked
    Although

im not suspired

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

coldwood92 wrote: »
    they think teens did it
    Im shocked
    Although

im not suspired

Nothing unusual in that tactic. Get the underage ones to take the blame and they will not be named in court nor will they get a severe sentence.

Same tactic is used for everything from shoplifting to murder in this country.

I see a number of the newspapers today carried the names of those arrested, bar the underage ones, and the number arrested has grown to seven now. Needless to say that the surnames remain familiar for any serious crime or murder and were the same names announced in the press yesterday.

Beyond a joke how the same names just pop up over and over for serious crimes and never get serious sentences.

Yet a man can be sent to Mountjoy for not having a €12.70 dog licence, such is our justice system.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doh!

such is our justice system.[/quote]

What justice?

City or County its still another death in Limerick.

Advertisement