Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "live as it happens" Budget comment thread....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

dunny1975 wrote: »
    We are 15% down on numbers since start of the year and 18.5% down on salary

Show where you are getting these figures?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 dunny1975

tudlytops wrote: »
    A bit lost there???

Bonus is something we got paid for doing more then was expected, going over our targets, some of us worked really hard to get them, come in early and went home late, etc.
    Know the feelimng worked an average of 70 hours a week for past month got paid 39, again what is a bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

The private sector is different, people in the private sector are paid based on profits, if there are no profits there is no pay.

Edit: I reread your first post-I think we're singing off the same hymn sheet!

Show where you are getting these figures?
    2% income levy, 9% pension levy, average 6.5% today and income tax changes last october. 15% let go well you can chaek with ou personnel to conform that.

Know the feelimng worked an average of 70 hours a week for past month got paid 39, again what is a bonus

I think you are being a bit liberal with the truth here. Don't you guys get time in lieu for this sort of thing if overtime is not paid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

It's what they take away just before they sack you :o

segaBOY wrote: »
    I think you are being a bit liberal with the truth here. Don't you guys get time in lieu for this sort of thing if overtime is not paid...
    Wish I was, the place was flooded, had to do the time, time in lieu?

We are 15% down on numbers since start of the year and 18.5% down on salary,

OK read this
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2009/1208/1224260297346.html

Some key points:

There have been no compulsory redundancies in the public sector linked to the financial situation.

The price for public services is too high, especially compared to those in many other EU countries.

segaBOY wrote: »

I often worked a lot more then may contract, because the work had to be done and that is that.

We were given work to do and told it had to be finished for yesterday if you get what I'm saying, the client was waiting and what the client wants must be done.

2% income levy, 9% pension levy, average 6.5% today and income tax changes last october. 15% let go well you can chaek with ou personnel to conform that.

Is this a Joke?

The annual cost of purchasing similar pension entitlements in the private sector would be 27 per cent of annual salary in the case of a typical civil servant employed prior to 2004. The pension levy then was intended to address this inequity, not the pay inequity. It is a separate issue.

• Advertisement

Is this a Joke?

The annual cost of purchasing similar pension entitlements in the private sector would be 27 per cent of annual salary in the case of a typical civil servant employed prior to 2004. The pension levy then was intended to address this inequity, not the pay inequity. It is a separate issue.
    If only the private sector had set up a proper mutualised pension fund eh?

You do realise that the tax payer picks up much of the tab for your pension? The rate you pay is far less than what the pension is actually worth.

your pension is subsidised my the tax payer, I am sorry there are so many of us now out of work that we cannot keep you guys on big fat pensions.

I think the public sector fail to see that, the money has to come from somewhere it does not magically appear!!

your pension is subsidised my the tax payer, I am sorry there are so many of us now out of work that we cannot keep you guys on big fat pensions.

I think the public sector fail to see that, the money has to come from somewhere it does not magically appear!!
    No the amount collected by public sector pension contributions covers those who are on pensions. The governement gives 3.5% contribution much less than tha the typical private sector employer contribution or tax incentives provided by the government to private sector workers. Thats why its is called a mutualised fund, dont believe everything you read in the papers.

ah i paid for a private pension, to get what the public sector gets people in the private sector have to pay for it, if you don't pay then all you get is the state pension, not very nice.

Only my pension at the moment is worth nothing maybe in a few years it will be ok again.

correct me if my wrong but as far as i know Public sector gets a very nice pension regardless.

No the amount collected by public sector pension contributions covers those who are on pensions. The governement gives 3.5% contribution much less than tha the typical private sector employer contribution or tax incentives provided by the government to private sector workers. Thats why its is called a mutualised fund, dont believe everything you read in the papers.

Oh dear...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 mercedeslimos

tudlytops wrote: »
    Don't think so its for new claims only and you've already been accepted, but if you refuse a job then you will be affect, or so they say will see.

hope your right. hundred a week won't even cover rent till rent allowance comes thru in 13 weeks time...

my friend was crapping himself, sure a hundred won't even cover fags and petrol and insurance never mind rent or anything else!

Yeah don't believe everything you read.

Basic facts, you cannot afford your over inflated mortgage, tuff, how bad to sad.... Could be worse you could be in the dole queue. Do I feel sorry for you, not really, you will probably always have an income at least, you will not starve! Even if you do not have a house. Ireland needs to enter a period of deflation we are too expensive, half the country are heading to the north to do their weekly shopping and I do not blame them.

My prediction this is not the end, the public sector has to fit with the amount of revenue the government takes in. Next year more cuts!

hope your right. hundred a week won't even cover rent till rent allowance comes thru in 13 weeks time...

my friend was crapping himself, sure a hundred won't even cover fags and petrol and insurance never mind rent or anything else!

well your friend will have to adjust to not smoking and taking the bus :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Budgets about NAMA! The thing the EU are financing! she's mad!

I work, dont smoke, live at home and use the bus, I didn't realize that the dole should fund a better lifestyle...

efb wrote: »
    I work, dont smoke, live at home and use the bus, I didn't realize that the dole should fund a better lifestyle...

LOL it shouldn't, i am from Donegal and at a point i knew people working in Derry in the north who where coming home with less than people on the dole in Donegal!

i can't live at home since my parents are both dead, and as i was working i needed a car. unfortunately i live out in the country where buses don't exist at all..

thank god i don't smoke... although drink has come down... are the government trying to make us a nation of alcoholics...

and i'm only on social wlfare until i go back to college in april..

i can't live at home since my parents are both dead, and as i was working i needed a car. unfortunately i live out in the country where buses don't exist at all..

thank god i don't smoke... although drink has come down... are the government trying to make us a nation of alcoholics...

what u going to study?

what u going to study?

failte ireland do a series of sixteen week courses which pay the equivalent dole...

was in the system before for a previous course so have been guaranteed a place.

gonna study bar skills. i'm a chef, but i want to try new things.

I live in the country too (work is only two hours away!) Where do you live that has no access at all to buses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j.moloney

Can i just ask why are the minister's and the toaiseach still on such hig incomes?? they're doing public sector wor they should be on public sector incomes!!!! :mad:

j.moloney wrote: »
    Can i just ask why are the minister's and the toaiseach still on such hig incomes?? they're doing public sector wor they should be on public sector incomes!!!! :mad:

They are- Higher PS Incomes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j.moloney

They are- Higher PS Incomes!

i'm talking bout the average public sector pay... why should they recieve the "lifestyle" everyone talks bout when some people can't even afford to feed themselves let alone their own kids!!

Advertisement