Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rugby and Sevens

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Good performances in the group stage coming close to beating the black ferns
    I wonder did they lose a bit of confidence from that?

Lose confidence running the Black Ferns close? Can't see how. They've had 40 or 50 put on them by the Black Ferns before. If anything they should have taken a lot from it.

Really disappointing second day. They wont be happy with how it went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Not Ireland related but watch this absolute pillock throw away a win

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsRugby/status/1068458519832203264

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Mens side beat French Development 26-7, beat ASC Dukla 36-5,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

I assume the men's invitational is not streamed right?

nerd69 wrote: »
    I assume the men's invitational is not streamed right?
    Probably not but check dubai 7s website.
    And they won their first game this morning against the French Military 7s 31-5 and play Midi Olympique at 10.40

• Advertisement

I have been its a shame though enjoyed watching them in Hong Kong,England and France last year I assume they are probably untelivosrd until Hong Kong or an invite this year again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,037 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

That pitch is a disgrace and a I'm sure a danger.

Looks like we won the invitational outright. South Africa achademy the only close game

Wins against French Military in QF 31-7
    Froggies Midi Olympique in SF 38-7
    SA sevens Academy 28-21 in Final

Mens squad been in camp in Italy and South Africa recently in prep for Hong Kong 7s which is in 4 weeks time
    Hopefully we can qualify for world series this time round

• Advertisement

You'd have to imagine they are huge favourites to qualify at this stage would be massive for the sport if they could

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Mens squad been in camp in Italy and South Africa recently in prep for Hong Kong 7s which is in 4 weeks time
    Hopefully we can qualify for world series this time round

Do they have to win to qualify? Who are the main competition this time round?

You'd have to imagine they are huge favourites to qualify at this stage would be massive for the sport if they could
    You would think so but many said same last year and we lost out in semis
    Quintis wrote: »
    Do they have to win to qualify? Who are the main competition this time round?
    Yes. Only one core spot available.
    These are all the sides competing
    Germany, Russia, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Tonga, Cook Islands, Chile, Uruguay

Spain just beaten New Zealand at the Vancouver 7s in a pool game. Spain win 26-24. Spain were leading a lot of game before NZ got a try to go into lead with minute or so to go before Spanish go near length of field to score in the corner.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Spain just beaten New Zealand at the Vancouver 7s in a pool game. Spain win 26-24. Spain were leading a lot of game before NZ got a try to go into lead with minute or so to go before Spanish go near length of field to score in the corner.

It was a great winning try.

Canada now two tries up on fiji

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It was a great winning try.

Canada now two tries up on fiji
    Yeah was a really good score. Fiji just got score back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 corkcoco

• Subscribers Posts: 41,572 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good win Canada

Canada close out the win. Deserved win for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

You would think so but many said same last year and we lost out in semis

Yes. Only one core spot available.
    These are all the sides competing
    Germany, Russia, Hong Kong, Phillipines, Jamaica, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Tonga, Cook Islands, Chile, Uruguay

Chile look very strong. Drew with South Africa recently and beating USA now as I watch them.

• Advertisement

Draw made for Hong Kong
    We have Russia, Uruguay and Jamaica in pool stage

Changes made to world series
    8 events for the Women’s Series next season, with 6 alongside the Men’s events.

https://www.usarugby.org/2019/03/world-rugby-announces-new-look-mens-and-womens-hsbc-world-rugby-sevens-series-2019-23/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

So a year has flown by and Hong Kong 7s is this weekend already.

After Ireland heartbreaking exit to Japan at the Semi Final stage of the qualifier last time around can they get the job done this time? The addition of Conroy this time adds a real weapon if he can stay healthy to the knock outs.

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2019/04/01/ireland-mens-7s-squad-confirmed-for-world-series-qualifier/

I follow the HSBC World Series and it would be awesome for Ireland to get on it. Its not like they are not in the form to do it from what they have achieved since April last year.

Very excited about this shame about the times but a few early mornings won't kill me. I'd watch a hell of a lot more world series if Ireland where involved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Have Terenure dropped the College from their name? Every second IRFU release seems to switch between having it and not

Very excited about this shame about the times but a few early mornings won't kill me. I'd watch a hell of a lot more world series if Ireland where involved
    Irish games will always be early as world series will be later in day there
    D14Rugby wrote: »
    Have Terenure dropped the College from their name? Every second IRFU release seems to switch between having it and not
    No. Dont see why it would be issue. Just easier to type terenure than terenure college. Same as Nenagh are not always listed as Nenagh Ormond, Queens not Queens university etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Irish games will always be early as world series will be later in day there

No. Dont see why it would be issue. Just easier to type terenure than terenure college. Same as Nenagh are not always listed as Nenagh Ormond, Queens not Queens university etc

Calm down. Just wondering as Rock and Mary's were given their full name and official releases shouldn't really be done by whatever is easier, should be by what's correct

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Calm down. Just wondering as Rock and Mary's were given their full name and official releases shouldn't really be done by whatever is easier, should be by what's correct

The sexual tension between the two of you is almost unbearable to witness sometimes.

Anyone know If the qualifiers are televised on the world rugby site or hk 7s site?

• Advertisement

Anyone know If the qualifiers are televised on the world rugby site or hk 7s site?
    all being streamed on youtube

Advertisement