Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BPB 2009 - What's your favourite?

• 09-12-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

It being the season and all, and given that my copy of the yearbook has just arrived, why not have a thread where people list their personal favourite (not including their own!) and make someone feel chuffed.

For me it's Freedom? by CabanSail.

What I would call a perfect capture and it tells a story far beyond being a simple image. Brilliant!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

So many to choose from .....

I really do like Against the Flow from Bernard0368. It sticks in the mind.

What I would call a perfect capture and it tells a story far beyond being a simple image. Brilliant!

I have been quite up front that my image is a composite. The Gates are in Sachsenhausen but the Lancaster was in the UK. Shot the gates knowing I would put it there, or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

CabanSail wrote: »
    I have been quite up front that my image is a composite. The Gates are in Sachsenhausen but the Lancaster was in the UK. Shot the gates knowing I would put it there, or something similar.

Ah I didn't know that, it's perfect though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

Well if a picture with one swan is good (and we all know it is, right?), then a picture with several swans must be better, and a picture with loads of swans will take some beating!;):p:D

Smileys aside, there are some super images in the book this year and the one I'm most jealous of not having taken is Covey's Middle Eastern Bakers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

+1 for covey's flying doughy saucer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I will give my two cents as soon as I get my book :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

I got to agree with cabinsail, its hard to pick one above the other's.

My wife love's Pullandbang's Lough Derravargh. It's like an oil painting

But as a centrefold page Cabinsail and Kensutz picture's are great contrast's and when I opened up that page I just went wow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

If I had to pick, it would be a toss between superflyninja and challangemaster.

Then there are quite a few I keep going back to cbansail, bo malicious, kjt and covey's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭njburke

Still waiting on mine, is there a sneak preview anywhere other than the first few pages shown on blurb?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Although most of them a great pics, I've quite a few that I really like.

Hugh_C's portrait of the boy on the lake is class.
    Buzz Lightyear's time travel.
    cambo_gueno's 40 foot
    Humberklog's bike
    kjt's Goldengate Bridge
    Cabansail's freedom
    longshanks100's Wooden pier.

Out of the short list I think I'd go with Kyle's bridge shot. The title "Velocity" is spot on and it's just full of action.

I just got my copy of the book yesterday and I must say sterling job to all concerned. Some truly stunning photos in there. Twas an honour to be included with you lot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Twas a pleasure to be printed beside you superflyninja :D
    I think my fav is Brndn's (ie. the stitched panorama of Giants Causeway).
    But I was pleasantly surprised to see the last page, ie. all the pics on one page, it was a nice idea, maybe something like this could be used on the front page next year !?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There are 4 that really really caught my attention -

Saltee Gannet by Ray (whyulittle)
    Evening Flight by Ken (kensutz)
    Fields on Blue by Danny (Valentia)
    Sandy by Sinead (sineadw)

But, the book is full of brilliant photos.

Twas a pleasure to be printed beside you superflyninja :D
    I think my fav is Brndn's (ie. the stitched panorama of Giants Causeway).
    But I was pleasantly surprised to see the last page, ie. all the pics on one page, it was a nice idea, maybe something like this could be used on the front page next year !?!

and you! I think the photos complement each other! i honestly cudnt pick a fav.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is only one good picture - mine :D

In fairness, I haven't had time to check the book during daylight, so I cannot say yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Oh Man! Completely forgot to order one, just did now, hopefully I'll get it by the New Year.

:)

Advertisement