Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maisel's Hefe-Weiss

• 09-12-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can get it???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Most any decent beer offy has it, as does Superquinn. And the Bull & Castle and Porterhouse pubs, usually.

Where do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

thanks for replying, I live in Leixlip... must check where the nearest superquinn is so..any idea of price?

Probably about €2.60 - €2.80.

Dean McGuinness
    is the importer. You could e-mail him and ask where your nearest stockist is: ilovebeer@beerheaven.com

Hmmm, apparently the brewery filed for bankruptcy last year and is closed. Freshness might be an issue with any bottles you find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

BeerNut wrote: »
    Hmmm, apparently the brewery filed for bankruptcy last year and is closed. Freshness might be an issue with any bottles you find.

Nah - they're still around and even recruiting:

http://www.maisel.com/brauerei/jobs_und_karriere_96.html

I brought a stack of it back from Germany recently - there's no shortage there at any rate. I think that it retailed at 89 cent a 500 ml bottle in your average supermarket there

If you're stuck, Franziskaner (1.99 euro in Lidl) isn't a million miles away from it - not quite as good but not bad at all.

• Advertisement

245 wrote: »
    I think that it retailed at 89 cent a 500 ml bottle in your average supermarket there

:eek: Maisels weisse was €2.89 in the supermarkets here, feckin germans and their cheap quality beer ;)

Loads of it, all in date, in SuperValu on Aston Quay, Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

:eek: Maisels weisse was €2.89 in the supermarkets here, feckin germans and their cheap quality beer ;)

Funny how they don't lose the run of themselves whereas we're told that any discounting will result in excessive drinking here. Speaking of such matters, shouldn't the excise reduction from the budget be evident now? My local off licence is selling my usual beer at the same price as before budget day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

245 wrote: »
    Speaking of such matters, shouldn't the excise reduction from the budget be evident now? My local off licence is selling my usual beer at the same price as before budget day....
    The off-licence i work for wont be changing their prices until Monday. The reason being is that they want to get rid of as much of the pre budget stock as is possible. They bought at it the dearer price so will try to clear it out at the dearer price. We refused all deliveries this week after Wednesday. As with most business related topics, its all about profits!

Re: the Maisels Heffe Weisbier, we got a batch of it delivered to us a few months ago, all 2 months out of date, at least now i know why that was the case!

We did a stocktake this morning so we could claim money back off the taxman :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

BeerNut wrote: »
    Loads of it, all in date, in SuperValu on Aston Quay, Dublin.

Went there recently and bought some bottles of shepards neame spitfire and a pilsner urquell.
    Both seemed to have a very skunky taste. Could it be to the poor storage of their beer?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gerty wrote: »
    Went there recently and bought some bottles of shepards neame spitfire and a pilsner urquell.
    Both seemed to have a very skunky taste. Could it be to the poor storage of their beer?

Spitfire is a clear bottle and Pilsner Urquell has a green bottle which is the issue.
    Anything that's left on a shelf with lots of light needs to be in a brown bottle to avoid skuniness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Gerty

yeah,i've been doing my research,both types of bottles are very susceptible. Its a pity,that supervalu really does have a great variety on that shelf opposite the fridge but i won't want to risk spending my money there anymore unfortunately.

Advertisement