Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voucher for a place that has closed

Options
  • 09-12-2009 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I received a 60e voucher for nue blue eriu a few months ago.
    I knew there was a 6 month expiry so figured Id use it around xmas.

ahhh I go to book a tan for an xmas party but find out the 2 branches have closed.

what to do??!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Throw it in the bin. :rolleyes:

If they're not in business, there's not a thing you can do about it.

Paulw wrote: »
    Throw it in the bin. :rolleyes:

If they're not in business, there's not a thing you can do about it.

That's not Necessarily true.

If they have gone into liquidation then basically you are one of the last people that is entitled to be re paid.

However, if they have just shut up shop then you should be entitled to a refund. Where you will go to get this refund is another story mind you...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If they have gone into liquidation then basically you are one of the last people that is entitled to be re paid.

However, if they have just shut up shop then you should be entitled to a refund.

If they've gone in to liquidation, then it's highly unlikely you'll get anything back. You would be bottom of the pile and if you get 1c in the Euro, you'd be doing well. Usually gift vouchers and such get nothing back.

By "shut up shop", I assume you mean they have ceased trading. If they no longer exist there is nowhere you can go to get a refund.

You could try contacting their main office, and see what the situation is - Nue Blue Eriu, Unit 22/23, The Chq Building, IFSC, Dublin 1

Phone: +353 1 636 0180

Of course, they may not even be there any more. I see their website is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

http://www.beaut.ie/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1066 :eek:

Seeing as the staff are owed wages, unless the person who bought the voucher paid by credit card, there is really no hope, based on the info in the link above

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

The CHQ branch is not their head office, the Head Office is located in Waterford:
    Nue Blue Eriu Distribution ltd

Unit 101 Crossroads Business pk Kilbarry Co. Waterford

Tel: (051)378942

and they're not officially in liquidation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

beauty101 wrote: »
    The CHQ branch is not their head office, the Head Office is located in Waterford:
    Nue Blue Eriu Distribution ltd

Unit 101 Crossroads Business pk Kilbarry Co. Waterford

Tel: (051)378942

and they're not officially in liquidation

i'd say that should be Unit 101 SIX crossroads Business pk Kilbarry Waterford.

Advertisement