Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression Predictors

• 09-12-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

I am undertaking a project that involves a depression scale and an anxiety scale. I am looking for a meta-analysis outlining predictors of depression and anxiety disorders so that I can control for them in the questionnaires that I am using.. Finding it difficlut to find any. I would be very grateful if someone could give me references or point me in the right direction..

Thanks everyone!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Kooli

Do you mean risk factors?

It's a pretty big question. What's been the problem in finding research in this area?

Can you explain a bit more about how you intend to 'control' for risk factors in your questionnaire? Or maybe a bit more about what your research question is for your project?

I'm a bit confused!

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

You do know there are already widely used Depression and Anxiety scales eg the HADS (Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale) ? The DASS (Depression Anxiety Stress Scale)? Numerous others too.

Even Google Scholar throws up a zillion studies if you look for predictors of anxiety and depression meta analysis.....everything from postnatal depression to GAD and panic and PTSD. It's a HUGE field. Socioeconomic status, gender, heredity, nurture, social support, life stresses, previous psychological problems, substance abuse.......A basic textbook will give you a substantial list.

I'm not sure what project you are undertaking, but if it's an undergrad one, you might want to narrow the field down a little.

Advertisement