Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone knows a Philips tv repair man in the Kerry area?

Options
  • 09-12-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi everyone a couple of wks ago a lightling strike near my house and the power went out for a sec or two. Went to turn on the tv (Philips 42PFL5603D/10) and all i got was a blue screen. The tv is hooked up to a Sky HD box through a HDMI cable and i also have a PS3 hook up to the tv through a HDMI cable. This also don't work. The tv works if i hook it up to the scart and the PS3 works if i use the RGB. None of the HDMI port is working. So i need a repair man to have a look at the tv. Can anyone tell me if this would be a expensive repair? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭scienceoverBS

rob180 wrote: »
    Hi everyone a couple of wks ago a lightling strike near my house and the power went out for a sec or two. Went to turn on the tv (Philips 42PFL5603D/10) and all i got was a blue screen. The tv is hooked up to a Sky HD box through a HDMI cable and i also have a PS3 hook up to the tv through a HDMI cable. This also don't work. The tv works if i hook it up to the scart and the PS3 works if i use the RGB. None of the HDMI port is working. So i need a repair man to have a look at the tv. Can anyone tell me if this would be a expensive repair? Thanks

have tou tried 11850 .....nifty fifty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 zabzab

d & e electronice just outside farranfore are the best .do repairs for nearly all shops
    phone 0669764949

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

How you get in with the repairs??? having the same problem with my tv... dreading paying out the money to get it fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭rob180

You do know that the Mods here didn't like people reviving a "Zombie thread". But anyway, i got lucky with the repair, Philips told me to bring it back to where i purchase the tv ( Harvey Norman ) and was to my surprise my tv was still under warranty. Thought it only had a 12month warranty but had 24month :D. Result!! Think it was a simple fix anyway. Well i hope it'll be an easy and cheap fix for you too. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

i got quoted about 250 euro, not so lucky, thanks anyway..

• Advertisement
Advertisement