Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Username Possible Confusion

Options
  • 09-12-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭

I have been registered as 'VERYinterested' since June 2005, I see someone else has registered as 'very interested' in the last day or so. I think the names will lead to confusion, is it possible to intervene please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I have been registered as 'VERYinterested' since June 2005, I see someone else has registered as 'very interested' in the last day or so. I think the names will lead to confusion, is it possible to intervene please?
    Im afraid not

A user is named Sparks and I'm Sparky.

Some I sometimes get a PM that is intended for Sparks

Best thing to do is to implement an avatar that is different than that user also and a signature that people will know is yours etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You can always subscribe to change your name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Thanks for the suggestion on the Avatar thingy, not sure how to do it, will try. I don't really want to change my name, I have sent the new user a PM to see if they'll consider changing, they may not have been aware of using almost the exact same user name as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Change avatar settings via your UserCP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Cheers, thanks for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement