Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kris Kindle/Kringle present for sister??

• 09-12-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I need some advice. I have to buy my sister a present as part of Kris Kringle. Its my first year in it, wasnt in it other years as Im a student but i wanted to be in it this year. Anyway the present(s) can be up to the vaule of €100.

Im not sure what to get her, she is constantly buying stuff for her new house...and by new I mean she has been living in it for two years. Im fairly sure she has everything though, shes into her Laura Ashley stuff and the likes of that.

I dont see any point in buying her something clothes related.

Any ideas?

Oh ya dont rely like the idea of vouchers or things like that.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Invest in a large box or wicker basket - they can be bought fairly cheaply from the likes of Argos.
    Get down to Penneys and buy a dressing gown, warm slippers & fleecy pj's. Into your local supermarket and stock up on some nice shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, moisturiser, facial mask & top it all off with a couple of bars of her favourite chocolate. If you have any money left to spend buy a suitably girly DVD. Perfect for a winter's night in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I total agree vouchers are the lazy way out, something house related is a good idea. Just go through her house in your head - what's it's style etc, or has every room got a different style?
    The reason for this is logical - wall mounted or free standing candle holders Gothic style etc. Most people like candles because they create a relaxing and intimate atmosphere, so different styles of holders and sizes might be a good idea. Fine Dining - has she got any 'Fancy' wine glasses?, some good quality Crystal might be an idea for the special occasions. Cutlery might also be an idea for you, has she got any for the special occasions? The potential here is limitless really. A nice Clock, wine Bottle holder, stylish floor rug, the list is endless really if your getting a gift for her house. You just need to sit back and have a good think about it, when you do I'm sure you will have no problems. I hope this is a help for you, just remember making the effort will beat vouchers any day - good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Eoineo wrote: »
    Invest in a large box or wicker basket - they can be bought fairly cheaply from the likes of Argos.
    Get down to Penneys and buy a dressing gown, warm slippers & fleecy pj's. Into your local supermarket and stock up on some nice shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, moisturiser, facial mask & top it all off with a couple of bars of her favourite chocolate. If you have any money left to spend buy a suitably girly DVD. Perfect for a winter's night in!

I honestly can't see anyone being disappointed with such a thoughtful present.

Good call,Eoineo.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

Agreed. If my brother (assuming you're male) bought me a gift like that i'd pass out, wondering how he came up with it. You could throw in a bottle of wine too, if she drinks it. I think It's a lovely idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

that is a great idea! the body shop does great gift baskets too, don't know anyone who doesn't like their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 blueshoes

Hi

how about putting together some pics in a frame / collection of frames.

For example : your parents wedding pic.. some pics of your siblings when they were young.. some other nice family pics... or even some pics of you grand parents if you get get them.

this is something i would love, but never make time to do for myself.

Happy Christmas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 thrillisgone

Im trying to send a christmas present to seattle from dublin... its a chain and a 100ml bottle of perfume... only problem is, ive just been told by an post that i cant send perfume in the post! dhl said i cant send silver jewlery.... do you think it would be a really bad idea to package it up really well and just declare it as something else in the post office.. ?? what are the chances of my parcel being stopped at customs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 renko

alljigsawpuzzles.co.uk will make a jigsaw of any picture you send them. It's a great family present and their good quality too. I got one for the Mrs last her - her standing mesmerised in Grand Central Station on a trip to New York. 1000 pieces, it took us two weeks to finish it - we're so much crack!

Advertisement